Coming Soon: Arturia V-Collection 9

Frank

There are also new 14 preset packs which are also available in the Analog Lab shop. These go for up to $14 each if you wanted to buy them without going to V9, Of course depending on the musical genres you want you are unlikely to want them all.  Personally I was quite impressed with the previews of Piano Imaginarium which layers Piano V with Pigments.

The videos above make the Augmented series more interesting to me now I can see the edit page and get some idea what the macro knobs are actually doing.

All in all I think the upgrade is priced a bit too high particularly when you look at the cost of the full package so the jury is out here.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

There are also new 14 preset packs which are also available in the Analog Lab shop. These go for up to $14 each if you wanted to buy them without going to V9, Of course depending on the musical genres you want you are unlikely to want them all.  Personally I was quite impressed with the previews of Piano Imaginarium which layers Piano V with Pigments.

The videos above make the Augmented series more interesting to me now I can see the edit page and get some idea what the macro knobs are actually doing.

All in all I think the upgrade is priced a bit too high particularly when you look at the cost of the full package so the jury is out here.

oh.. must check..

43 minutes ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

i was thinking to use the samples from the download section , is it legal ? i can use samples of augmented strings and voices haha

It's typically legal to use samples to make your own music, but not legal to distribute them "as-is" as samples.

BTW, how are you able to access these samples...?

6 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

https://www.arturia.com/support/downloads&manuals

install the plugins, u will find samples in the programdata and appdata folder

Well, that's interesting. The samples for Augmented strings are stored as common *.wav files, rather than encrypted files, as many companies use for their proprietary sample libraries. They open in any wave player, so I guess you could use them anywhere that you might import samples to.

For example, Pigments! :)

Found them here on my PC (I keep all of my Arturia content installed on a separate drive):

"D:\Arturia\Samples\Augmented STRINGS\Factory\Samples"

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Interesting. This means you don’t need the Advanced version to do advanced stuff with the free Intro we got. Same samples. 

Hence i asked if its legal or not, u will also find samples for reason and NI if u take the subscription plan of komplete now and download the instruments u will get samples, wavetables, drums, and loops which u can keep and use it in samplers and use in future productions.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/komplete-now/

14 minutes ago, antler said:

The best way to know for sure is to send an email to support. Even if the samples are in an open format, it doesn't mean that they are licenced to be used in other ways.

I'm not a lawyer, but it's been a fairly common practice to use the sounds provided in a product any way that you see fit, as long as it's in YOUR own music productions.

The legal problems would likely begin if you tried to distribute the sounds "as-is" as sample packs or otherwise, or develop software using a modified version of the licensed software.

The Arturia license agreement only seems to be concerned with the software itself, such as this "No Unbundling" clause:

5. No Unbundling
The software usually contains a variety of different files which in its configuration ensure
the complete functionality of the software. The software may be used as one product only. It
is not required that you use or install all components of the software. You must not arrange
components of the software in a new way and develop a modified version of the software
or a new product as a result.
The configuration of the software may not be modified for the
purpose of distribution, assignment or resale.

But as you say, customer support should be able to clear up any doubts. But I wouldn't personally be losing any sleep by using the sounds to make music with. :)

I always forget that when a new collection is released they include teaser sounds of new instruments in analog lab.  Kinda want to check out ms-20. Been hearing really good things about it as well as recoded prophet.

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

But where did those Prophet Hybtid sounds go now they separated both synths…

I'll have to check that out. Didn't ever notice any dual layer Prophet 5/VS presets before...

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1