Coming Soon: Arturia V-Collection 9

Frank

And Arturia Software Center just updated.

I can see updates for Pigments, Analog Lab 4 & V, and all of the VC8 synths except for the CS-80 V3, Piano V2, & Prophet V3 (the synths that were re-worked for V9).

I went in for V collection 8 for 249.00 as an upgrade to the software that came with  my controller. I haven't seen any upgrade pricing in my email at work. There may be something in the Arturia customer portal on my home computer. I haven't had the chance to look yet.

As of now the lowest upgrade price seems to be 149.00. If I spend that I'll be in this for 4 bills. For me that really isn't a discount "if" that's my price. This is what I would have paid retail with zero sales.

1 minute ago, Tim Smith said:

I went in for V collection 8 for 249.00 as an upgrade to the software that came with  my controller. I haven't seen any upgrade pricing in my email at work. There may be something in the Arturia customer portal on my home computer. I haven't had the chance to look yet.

As of now the lowest upgrade price seems to be 149.00. If I spend that I'll be in this for 4 bills. For me that really isn't a discount "if" that's my price. This is what I would have paid retail with zero sales.

The upgrade from VC8 is $199 if you don't yet own the SQ80 V. That synth came out after VC8 was released, so it is "extra". The upgrade is $149 for those with VC8 + the SQ-80 V.

1 minute ago, abacab said:

The upgrade from VC8 is $199 if you don't yet own the SQ80 V. That synth came out after VC8 was released, so it is "extra". The upgrade is $149 for those with VC8 + the SQ-80 V.

Thanks @abacab

Well...my logic ( if you want to call it that ) goes something like this: Within the last 2 weeks my extra expenditures- New tires 1000.00, Fuel pump replacement, 500.00, Tree removal, 2500.00, stumps grinded, 350.00, new outdoor furniture for wife 800.00, New pool liner 1600.00 with me doing the install, Misc property expenses 500.00.  I just dropped 249 for V 8. I not very excited about it yet since I don't make 80's genre music. This is small taters, but I think it's too much for me to want to pay right now and I don't think I'm missing out on anything. I have enough synths to make me happy for a long time yet :)

If a 99.00 sale comes along ok I'll probably go for that. I'm not paying what amounts to full retail price. The 199.00 upgrade " if i don't have SQ80 V" is going to be someone else's upgrade. Not mine  :)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

I just dropped 249 for V 8.

I would contact Arturia customer service to inquire about a grace period for that purchase.

I heard of somebody making a deal with them in similar circumstances. It won't cost anything to ask! :)

• Like 2

No worries @abacab I expected and was prepared for all of it.Believe it or not these kinds of expenses are fairly common with me. Just comparing those necessary expenses to these frivolous ones ;)

When it comes to plugins, software updates, improvements and so forth, sometimes I'll buy something because I just think It's good to keep up with it. Right now I'm debating on whether I want to have the latest version of Studio One 5 when it updates. I haven't used the program much but I think it's a good program. I might skip a generation on that, same as Ableton. 

If Arturia followed what many companies do they might offer a better discount to anyone who recently purchased their last version. They maybe could argue since I received a discount they don't feel that is necessary. If I don't think it's a fair price I simply won't buy it. In that sense they work for me the customer,  no matter how harsh that might sound. If their price is too high and no one buys it they are hurting only themselves. Several here have already commented they think 199.00 is too high and even 149.00 is too high.

I guess we all have an opinion. In my opinion, this isn't an extensive update. It's a very welcome and nice update though. Just a  little early here for someone who just bought VC8 . For me that's probably what is really going on here. To me it's "new" when it really isn't new. I guess V8 has been out for awhile now.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

I would contact Arturia customer service to inquire about a grace period for that purchase.

I heard of somebody making a deal with them in similar circumstances. It won't cost anything to ask! :)

They probably won't. 249$ was a great sale price to get V8 without an upgrade, which is less than my upgrade price from V7 to V9. Wait for the 99$ upgrade sale down the road like the rest of us.