Coming Soon: Arturia V-Collection 9

Frank

I assume on10th of May.

Arturia V-Collection 9

V Collection 9 is a premium suite of reference-grade software instruments for producers, music makers, and sound designers. From classic keyboard emulations to state-of-the-art synth engines, physically-modelled pianos to evocative hybrid strings, this curated 32-instrument selection delivers instant access to professional sounds and deep creative functionality alike.

What’s new in V Collection 9?

Korg MS-20 V

SQ80 V

Augmented STRINGS

Augmented VOICES

CS-80 V

Prophet-5 V

Prophet-VS V

Piano V

Features

V Collection 9 now includes 32 instruments: more than just synths and keyboards, the suite now features 2 Augmented Series titles

4 new instruments: Korg MS-20 V, SQ80 V, Augmented STRINGS, and Augmented VOICES

Prophet-5 V & Prophet-VS V: now 2 individual instruments that were previously a combined hybrid instrument, totally rebuilt from scratch with next-gen modelling

CS-80 V rebuild: a brand new sound engine with totally rebuilt DSP modelling, advanced modulation, voice dispersion, and a modernised advanced panel.

Piano V rebuild: a brand new physical modelling instrument, now featuring 12 piano models, from Japanese Grand to Piano Bar Upright, and advanced sound design controls.

Thousands of new expertly-crafted presets: presets for every instrument, 14 new sound banks, and a huge range of styles -exclusively available for V Collection 9 owners.

Performance and workflow updates: improved loading times, refreshed GUIs, expanded user playlist functionality, and more.

SPECIFICATION
14 exclusive sound banks for new V Collection 9 instruments
● 14,000 high-quality and innovative presets.
● Analog Lab V: every preset of V Collection 9 can be browsed and edited from a single
interface.
● All instruments share a common interface for browsing, editing (save, import, export, and
more).
● New in-app tutorials for easily understanding every instrument.
● High resolution graphic interfaces, compatible with large displays.
● Easy MIDI mapping to any keyboard controller.
● Arturia’s proprietary technologies, TAE® and Phi®, ensure that each instrument sounds
and behaves exactly as you need it to.
● Easy installation and updates with Arturia Software Center
● 32GB free hard disk space
● OpenGL 2.0 compatible GPU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

Had me at MS-20!

Got the VC8 w/SQ80V deal, so hoping that the upgrade path is "reasonable".

Now the best time to upgrade, upon intro?

No, usually upgrade price at intro is 199$, and everyone is complaining every new version, then later it's 99$ at some point.

• Like 2

I like the LE version of Augmented Strings, and the full one will be a lot better.  Many more controls.     So I'm curious to see what Augmented Vocals will be.  But I assume it will be an extended series, with Augmented Brass and Augmented Woodwinds, and who knows what else Augmented.  

If I get really excited about Augmented Vocals, I might jump on this during BF for $99. 

• Like 1

Larry can tell us for sure, but I think the $99 Arturia upgrades were over.  I don't believe the 7 to 8 upgrade was ever offered at $99 - I know I paid $149 after paying $99 for several V Collection upgrades.  And I own all the Arturia software.

6 minutes ago, husker said:

Larry can tell us for sure, but I think the $99 Arturia upgrades were over.  I don't believe the 7 to 8 upgrade was ever offered at $99 - I know I paid $149 after paying $99 for several V Collection upgrades.  And I own all the Arturia software.

Probably the $99 upgrade will happen, but only 1 year or more after VC9 release.

• Like 1

Meh, wouldn't upgrade (from VC8 + SQ80) for any price. 

Already have an MS20 from Korg, and by all accounts the Augmented Strings thing was quite the CPU-hog. I assume Augmented Voices will be similar.

In any event, neither Augmented product is a recreation of a classic hardware synth, so seems like mission creep. 

16 hours ago, husker said:

I don't believe the 7 to 8 upgrade was ever offered at $99 - I know I paid $149 after paying $99 for several V Collection upgrades.  And I own all the Arturia software.

I went from V Collection 5 to V Collection 8 for $99 last year.

My memory is that I had  $99 offers to upgrade to 6 and 7, which I passed on.

But that was then and who knows what the future will hold. I'll probably wait this time around too.

First, there is so much I have left to explore in the V Collection 8 and Pigments.   Plus I can try out fully functional demos of all the new stuff.  Arturia is so good about offering that.  I'm sure I will demo the Augmented Voices. 

I have MS-20 from Korg but I'm curious what Arturia's take will be on it.  It will no doubt be prettier. 😄

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1