Old vs New

Michael Richard

Question

I remember reading in the early days of CbB that having SPLAT installed would keep certain features/plugins working that were not yet on CbB.

I just reformatted my OS drive.  As I am in the process of re-installing software, I would like to keep things lean, clean and efficient.

Has CbB "caught up" with SPLAT or if not, which features/plugins are not yet on CbB?

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Feature wise CbB exceeds Platinum but CbB will likely never have near the content provided by Platinum. Install Platinum to get the plug-ins. Keep it lean, skip the documentation and tutorials (and loops if you don't use loops). Most of the disk space used by a full Platinum installation are samples for the synths, tutorials and audio loops.

9 hours ago, scook said:

Feature wise CbB exceeds Platinum but CbB will likely never have near the content provided by Platinum. Install Platinum to get the plug-ins. Keep it lean, skip the documentation and tutorials (and loops if you don't use loops). Most of the disk space used by a full Platinum installation are samples for the synths, tutorials and audio loops.

Thanks Scook.

Since I never used all the plugings in SPLAT, I wondering if there a list somewhere of the plugins that SPLAT would install that are not in CbB? 

There is an included plug-ins section in the help for each DAW

CbB http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

Platinum http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Plug-ins.1.html

To save time you could just install the SONAR program itself then CbB and run the various Platinum plug-in installers as needed later. The reason you need SONAR installed is some of the Platinum plug-in installers look for Platinum. The plug-ins are not locked and will work in CbB but the installers won't run unless SONAR is installed.

21 hours ago, Abheeru Ricard said:

Thanks...

Both links above are the same. Is that a mistake?

Yes, a bad paste on my part. I fixed it. FWIW, most pages of the help systems of the two DAWs have the same url except for the product name. Changing the product name in the url from Cakewalk to SONAR will bring up the last SONAR docs and vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1