Guitar Rig 6 at great discount

lawajava

Regular price is $199.

50% Off sale at Native Instruments for a limited time.

It’s included of course in Komplete 13.

I have a prior version of Komplete.  When I put Guitar Rig 6 Pro in the cart my price was reduced to $49 or so.

The sale on this is advertised on the Native Instruments home page.

I thought $49 made Guitar Rig Pro 6 compelling.

• Like 2

Are they giving you $49 to use Guitar Rig 6?

Even then it would be priced to high for me, I own it as part of Komplete 13, and foolishly owned GR5 and perhaps one previous, no amount of scrubbing could remove the fowl stench, no amount of soap in mouth could remove the fowl taste. But that's just me.

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I found GR6 to be much improved over GR5.

If you’re after effects, GR6 Pro is quite loaded with them.

https://gearspace.com/board/reviews/1338903-native-instruments-guitar-rig-pro-6-a.html

It’s definitely usable especially if you use a clean amp for use as a pedal platform.  You can always just use GR6 in a DAW for the effects before and/or after a better amp sim (or a synth).  Nevertheless, I enjoy using it standalone to noodle around with (with a more straightforward MIDI implementation than AmpliTube).

For $50, it would be pretty compelling, unless you’re saving up for the next Komplete upgrade.

Edited by ALC
  • Like 1

$50 for the update sounds quite compelling... until they add GR6 to PA's 29 forever or PA's $15 after voucher!

maybe it's wishful thinking but it sounds to me like the Soundwise strategy is to seriously explore the supply/demand curve and figure out if they can increase total revenue at much lower price points (the classic saying that you make more by selling a million trinkets at $1 instead of a thousand trinkets at $100). If that's the case, the "exploration" may bring some insane deals

Now... I need to take a look at what is new in GR6 since GR5

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, husker said:

Love the Phil Collen presets in GR6.  I can't play the guitar worth crap, but at least I can pretend I'm in Def Leppard....

DId I tell you I got to do my own mix of "Rock of Ages"?  It was a BLAST!

Sadly, Soundcloud wouldn't let me post it due to "Copyright" infringement.
I even tried renaming it "Flock of Sages", and it still wouldn't let me...LOL

Edited by cclarry
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

DId I tell you I got to do my own mix of "Rock of Ages"?  It was a BLAST!

Sweet.  I love that band - love that they overcame so much adversity and kept "doing their thing."   Their newest song kicks *ss.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, heath row said:

Are they giving you $49 to use Guitar Rig 6?

Even then it would be priced to high for me, I own it as part of Komplete 13, and foolishly owned GR5 and perhaps one previous, no amount of scrubbing could remove the fowl stench, no amount of soap in mouth could remove the fowl taste. But that's just me.

Me thinks you are in the minority here.

Fowl taste...is that related to the chicken a la king, or duck à l'orange by any chance?

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Haha 1