Reaktor 6 - no sound from some ensembles

I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help with this. No one on the NI forum has been able to help so far.

I bought Komplete 12 last week and I want to get into Reaktor but I can't seem to get any audio from a lot of the ensembles in either standalone mode or inside CbC. It all seems to work fine when I open an instance inside Reason 10 which is really adding to my confusion.

I know some ensembles only work when "play" is engaged so it's not that. Kontour works, Mikro Prism and Prism work but the likes of Monark and seemingly everything from the Factory Library don't. I can see MIDI info is being received but no audio comes out.

I've googled the problem and although there are some instances of similar issues out there I haven't been able to find anything specific to my problem.

I spent some time yesterday afternoon going between standalone, Reason 10 and SPlat. Everything works in Reason. But even when I change ensembles to omni in standalone and CbB there are things that still don't work.........2 Osc, Carbon 2, Carbon etc.  And if I change Sonar's MIDI channel to 1 I still get no sound on the offending ensembles.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Bob

It turns out my Nektar Impact LX49 was transmitting MIDI on Ch16. It took me a while to figure out how to change that as the manual is a bit vague.

I still can't figure out how everything worked in Reason but not standalone or SPlat/CbB while using the same keyboard. Reason must handle MIDI differently somehow

All good now but thanks for the offer of help.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

I noticed that some Reaktor presets in Blocks Wired and Blocks Base did not play in standalone.

Looked closer and these silent ones each had a clock input module that was set to external. By setting the clock to internal, and then hitting the play button in the module, it played as expected.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1