crackling noise

McV13

Question

i have a gtx 1050ti, i5 3470K and 16gb of ram, some skullcandy headphones which are very high quality and my cakewalk is doing this stupid audio crackling thing.

things ive tried:

1. changing audio drivers, that didnt work because they just didnt produce any audio

2. restarting and shutting down computer

3. reopening cakewalk

please someone tell me how to fix thank you very much, all support greatly appreciated

4 hours ago, McV13 said:

clean what up? im confused srry

Your system.

You probably have a bunch of stuff running aside from Cakewalk that you don't even know about that's sapping your CPU cycles. Task Manager is your friend, don't have anything running that you don't need to have running when you're trying to play busy projects.

Your system *should* be able to run your projects quite fine, I was doing similar stuff on a much lower powered machine for years, but I was also running a proper audio interface (which is the real answer here), and I ran it extremely lean. Nothing was running that didn't need to be running and I squeezed every last bit of juice out of that thing. I still needed to freeze off CPU heavy effects.

I'll reiterate what everyone's said so far - the gear you have isn't made for professional audio. That's not to say it won't work, but you can expect a huge performance hit because of it. This will be compounded by a system not set up to run audio specifically. And you can mitigate the problem somewhat by finding the tracks that have the most CPU heavy effects on them and freezing those tracks, basically taking those effects offline, and freeing up CPU cycles.

The real answer is a proper audio interface will help this problem substantially, and you can get a decent one for under $150.

• Like 1