East West Preview of Forbidden Planet

cclarry

I have been playing around with this a bit more and have gone from "wow, this sound good" to "not so sure" to "I really  like it". It does seem to be mostly geared to si-fi and horror soundtrack scoring, but there is plenty in here beyond that.  

I particularly like the "orchestral hybrid" pads and the "world hybrid" leads.  Using the mod wheel to morph between the layers can add a lot of expression and movement in these patches. 

The morph control also seems to be effective morphing between two arpeggiated layers with different settings.

The edit controls are pretty straight forward, envelopes, filter cut off, resonance, modulation etc, and of course an arpeggiator for each layer. Less conventional is a ring mod for each layer, depending on the patch this can be anything form very effective to an awful din and is well worth experimenting with.

I don't think is possible to change one or both of the sources in a patch but the pairings chosen seem to go together very well and are ideal for morphing.  

Its one of those composer cloud items (there are a few of them) I would have probably never bought outright but will end up using more than some libraries I may have bought. 

• Thanks 1