Zo's Video on IK Tape

cclarry

Thks homie 

Ok guyz , on this one , i'm more than exited to share with you what i consider another big step in emulation word , no surprise it's coming from those veterans at IK  .... they have the skill and the ressources to do so !!

So in this video :

1) Presentation and plugin Tour 
2) Test on 808 based beat of all models and tape formulas at all speed 
2.1) Studer A80 MKII (Machine 80) @ 5min
2.2) Revox PR99 MKII (Machine 99) @ 9min 30 sec
2.3) Ampex 440B (Machine 440) @ 14 min 50 sec
2.4) MCI JH24 (Machine 24) @ 20 min
3) Versus Tapedesk (Overloud) @ 28 min
4) Versus Tape (Softube) @ 33 min
5) Versus VTM (Slate Digital) @ 38 min
6) use in a real full track @ 44 min
7) Conclusion 

Thks for Watching , hope you like it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

No to derail... but did you guys catch  this: 

The oldest instruments , dude if they put modo guitar, they will be false ...lol percussions were first , that said ...i will love it ...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks homie 

Ok guyz , on this one , i'm more than exited to share with you what i consider another big step in emulation word , no surprise it's coming from those veterans at IK  .... they have the skill and the ressources to do so !!

So in this video :

1) Presentation and plugin Tour 
2) Test on 808 based beat of all models and tape formulas at all speed 
2.1) Studer A80 MKII (Machine 80) @ 5min
2.2) Revox PR99 MKII (Machine 99) @ 9min 30 sec
2.3) Ampex 440B (Machine 440) @ 14 min 50 sec
2.4) MCI JH24 (Machine 24) @ 20 min
3) Versus Tapedesk (Overloud) @ 28 min
4) Versus Tape (Softube) @ 33 min
5) Versus VTM (Slate Digital) @ 38 min
6) use in a real full track @ 44 min
7) Conclusion 

Thks for Watching , hope you like it

Very cool video Zo! Love that music btw.

I went from thinking "another tape plugin, meh" to  "it's a must have" by the end. 

IKM should employ you, or maybe they already do :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

Very cool video Zo! Love that music btw.

I went from thinking "another tape plugin, meh" to  "it's a must have" by the end. 

IKM should employ you, or maybe they already do :) 

Thks for the kind words , the music is from my future (i hope soon) LoFi album (only isntrumentals to chill with)

As for IK lol nope i'm not employed , that said in this case , i had to ask Peter a NFR licence , i take this occasion to thank him , because it was impossible to be online for the Customshop and recording at the same time with those , too heavy on system ...i even had a crash during the video (when i edited a transistion) , 

39 minutes ago, antler said:

Thanks for the video Zo!

Any opinions on how it compares with u-he Satin?

33 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Would like to know too. 

Well for me satin is exellent and one of the best alternative , i wanted to show it on the video but it has that sound shhhhh that would have pissed everyone of us !! 

Color wise it can be almost identical in some cases but IK wins for me in depth and transients like agaisnt others , also noticed that the IK true stereo aka TMT like technology is a big plus that only the J37 has , and it's a great thing ...but also notice that you can threw a BX console before and be set lol even if it's not at all the same you will gain depth ..

So at the end , SATIN is exellent and can be the only tape you need if cpu is too heavy on IK stuff or if you want to use sating on buses and ik on master or some ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Zo said:

The oldest instruments , dude if they put modo guitar, they will be false ...lol percussions were first , that said ...i will love it ...

The main graphic looks to me like a snare drum from above. The music is drum beats and piano. And they use the language "hits soon." 

I think this will be  Modo Drums.  

What would be different from the many drum products they already offer? What would have taken 11 years to develop? Modeled drums. Many different kinds of drums, from tiny to Taiko, customizable by the user. Any shape, size, materials, or beater. Drums that aren't possible in real life. Your choice of rooms, microphones, effects.....

I have a policy of putting off buying all IK products, no matter how much I want them.  I'm waiting for Total Studio 3  to drop (and go on sale) so I can save a bundle.   But If this is Modo Drums I don't think I could wait, unless it costs a fortune.

• Like 3

I'm getting a lot of pops and cracks in that video. Anyone else or is it just me?

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

The True Stereo definitely made it for me. I only need to check out how does the new version 4 of Sknote's Roundtone stack up against IK.

What does that mean exactly? Is that like multi-mono?

On 6/17/2019 at 12:29 AM, RSMcGuitar said:

What does that mean exactly?

from the IK tape website:

"True Stereo: Even a perfectly aligned tape machine will have slight level, EQ and distortion differences between the left and right channels. This is good and part of the analog recording mojo! The T-RackS Tape Machine Collection perfectly recreates these subtle differences to deliver the real experience. If perfectly identical left and right channel processing is a must, simply disable this feature."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, arlen2133 said:

Thanks Zo for the video!   Definitely sold me on the IK stuff. 

Lots of good info demonstrated and you're pretty entertaining 😊👍

Thks Arlen for the kind words ,  when the product is exellent  , it s easier ;)  .... ik stuff alwayz been solid and pro , i remember using them since a while and they alwayz got me the job done ....still love for exemplle heir opto comp until now , one of the best opto around ...