EZ Drummer 3 crashes Cakewalk every time :^(

Sal Sorice

Question

Title says it all.

installed EZ Drummer 3 (just released on May 3rd). Unfortunately, it crashes Cakewalk every time I try to insert an instrument (either as Simple Instrument, Instrument Trask Per Output, etc.). EZ Drummer 2 works fine. Only difference I notice is that EZ drummer 2 is VST2 and EZ Drummer 3 is VST3. Opened Support Request and sent Dump files.

Anyone else having same problem?

10 answers to this question

There is a thread about this on the Toontrack forum https://www.toontrack.com/forums/topic/ezd3-crash-on-loading-vst-into-cakewalk-by-bandlab/ with a post from a Toontrack dev

Hi guys! We’re happy that you reported this so quickly. The issue has been fixed and will be available with the first update that will be out soon.

Christoffer Lindmark - Toontrack
Coder

If you have EZ Drummer 2 still installed, insert it into the project and then replace it with EZ Drummer 3. It works for me. Right click on the instrument icon and then select replace synth (or replace synth on this track or all tracks.)

Edited by Terry Kelley
  • Like 2

On the official website in update 3.0.1, they crossed out a message about solving this problem: 

"BUG FIXES

General

Loading the plug-in in Cakewalk could cause a crash. Loading the plug-in in Cakewalk is now less likely to cause a crash." Need update 3.0.2

50 minutes ago, mefodia said:

Please tell me: why is there no Reverb in my mixer? On the right screen it is (this is a video and YouTube), but on the left I don’t have it!

May be because in this video preset is "Reverb" and your preset is "Flat" ? 🙄