Can ".prog" SI-Electric Piano files be renamed and used as sf2 soundfont files?

yeto

Would it be possible to rename some of the ".prog" SI-Electric Piano and SI-Bass Guitar files to ".sf2 soundfont files" and copy them into a different program (Rapid Composer)?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

No

Studio Instrument are sfz engine synths. The prog files contain UI settings for the synths along with pointers to the sfz files used. The sfz files may be played in other synths that support the sfz format. The individual wavs referenced in the sfz files are available for use as well.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, scook said:

No

Studio Instrument are sfz engine synths. The prog files contain UI settings for the synths along with pointers to the sfz files used. The sfz files may be played in other synths that support the sfz format. The individual wavs referenced in the sfz files are available for use as well.

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

yeto

10 hours ago, scook said:

No

I don't know if you are familiar with Rapid Composer http://www.musicdevelopments.com/ but what I would like to do is combine Rapid Composer with Cakewalk. I need Cakewalk to add vocals to what I compose in Rapid Composer and I also like the sounds that SI-Electric Piano and SI-Bass Guitar offer versus what Rapid Composer has built in. I want to use the piano roll feature of Rapid Composer but everything else I would like to do in Cakewalk. Can you point me in the right direction to make this happen if it is even possible?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

@yeto,

Per the Rapid Composer website, Rapid Composer is available as a VST and as a standalone program.  Use the VST as an insert in Cakewalk by BandLab. 

The VST version of RapidComposer is usable in DAWs that support VST plug-ins with MIDI output.

Another choice tidbit from the website if you're more comfortable using the standalone program: 

MIDI drag-and-drop tracks or composition to DAWs

Generate the midi then drag the midi to a track in CbB.

Edited by fogle622
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fogle622 said:

@yeto,

Per the Rapid Composer website, Rapid Composer is available as a VST and as a standalone program.  Use the VST as an insert in Cakewalk by BandLab. 

How would I insert Rapid Composer in Cakewalk? I am new at this...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
yeto

44 minutes ago, yeto said:

How would I insert Rapid Composer in Cakewalk? I am new at this...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
yeto

I don't use it often inside Cakewalk, but when I do I normally just insert it as a simple instrument.

You then insert the other instruments of your choice into Cakewalk, setting their MIDI inputs to "Rapid Composer "->MIDI Ch. 1 (for first track), "Rapid Composer "->MIDI Ch. 2 (for second track) etc. 

You also want input echo on for all the tracks being controlled by Rapid Composer.

using_rapid_composer_in_cakewalk.gif

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

I don't use it often inside Cakewalk, but when I do I normally just insert it as a simple instrument.

You then insert the other instruments of your choice into Cakewalk, setting their MIDI inputs to "Rapid Composer "->MIDI Ch. 1 (for first track), "Rapid Composer "->MIDI Ch. 2 (for second track) etc. 

You also want input echo on for all the tracks being controlled by Rapid Composer.

using_rapid_composer_in_cakewalk.gif

Rapid Composer is not showing up in instruments for me. How do I get it to show in instruments? Also, why would I want input echo on for all the tracks being controlled by RC. Would this be so that i can hear the tracks on playback?

Thank you for taking time to reply. Your replies are always very detailed which is very helpful.

Still learning,
yeto 

Just now, yeto said:

Rapid Composer is not showing up in instruments for me. How do I get it to show in instruments?

On my system, the RapidComposer VST is showing as here: c:\program files\rapidcomposer v3 (x64)\RapidComposer_x64.dll

So you'll have to add "c:\program files\rapidcomposer v3 (x64)" to your VST paths, and re-scan.

3 minutes ago, yeto said:

Also, why would I want input echo on for all the tracks being controlled by RC. Would this be so that i can hear the tracks on playback?

Yes - you absolutely need MIDI echo on for all the tracks being controlled by RC, as otherwise you won't hear them play. This catches me out EVERY time.

3 minutes ago, yeto said:

Thank you for taking time to reply. Your replies are always very detailed which is very helpful.

Still learning,
yeto 

No problem at all - I'm happy to help :)

• Like 1