Virtual Instrument issues - menu color

Bad Mac

in the attached pic, EZDrummer 3 and Superior Drummer 3 are both greyed out. What does this mean. Yes, it means they don't work, however what is it checking? Are they greyed out because the plugins can't be located (they showed up from the plugin scan). the icon indicates there is a disconnect. does anyone know where the documentation would be for this?

cakewalk plugs colors.PNG

Different types of plug ins are different colours. Not at my DAW, but VST 2 and VST 3 and DX are each different colours and then I think 32 bit are Green So what I see is you have the VST 3 and VST 2 versions available 

Thanks John! the greyed out ones are VST3 and do not work. they are causing a crash. I have noticed that all VST3 instruments do not work in cakewalk (or at least all the VST3 instruments/synths that I have).  However VST3 plugins like iZotope and others seem to work just fine Only having issues with synths. hmm... is that your experience? or is there a setting somewhere? does cakewalk not support VST3 synths or do you think i have something wrong with my version?  I have the latest version of cakewalk.

they were installed from the toontrack product manager. so i am not sure how they were not installed properly. I have reinstalled them a few times. how would it be that only the VST3 synths would be installed improperly and all of the other vst3 plugins be installed ok? hmm, especially since all plugins are now installed by some sort of manager without any user interactions other than clicking the install button. So i think there are issues with cakewalk and VST3's. Name a vst3 synth that works, i will install it and see if it works on my version.  if it does, then i will look for 'install' issues.....s.....

Edited by Bad Mac

As John noted above the menu colors indicate the plug-in format.

The colors used depend on the theme.

WRT, VST3 synths not working on your PC best to keep that discussion in your other thread.

• Great Idea 1