Cakewalk doesn't record the auido from the plugin correctly

I've written a guitar solo using Ample Hellraizer but for some reason when there's a bend/release and also a slide out, the note completely disappears and I can only hear the slide(without the note)

I can hear it absoletely fine in the plugin itself but if I try to record it the problem appears over and over again. 

When there's a bend and release without a slide I can only hear the bending part, release just doesn't happen. 

Also slide outs themselves don't work. I can hear the slide but without a note for some reason.

I've tried to record it through the plugin itself and also tried to use the midi file. Nothing really worked. 

Also I've tried to record random presets from the plugin and the problem still appeared.

Also I've had a problem with pinch harmonics before, for some reason, if I tried to drop the midi file instead of recording the audio, some of the higher notes would have their velocity set to 0, fixed it by using the recording button instead of midi file. Maybe that is connected in some way.

Edited by Despaircito

On 5/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
How are you trying to 'record' it?

By adding the soft synth, in the soft synth options I would select:

Simple instrumental track

Synth Property Page

Enable MIDI output

Recall assignable controls

Then I would add an audio track and select the plugin(Ample Metal Hellraizer) as the Primary output

Hit the record button and play the audio from the plugin tab that popped up after I added the soft synth

Everything sounds exactly the same except the notes with the slide out effect and bend/release(release just never happens)

I'm new to making music and I have literally no idea what the source of the problem could be. 

18 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Try Bounce to Track instead, perhaps with Real Time Render enabled.
Probably the exact same thing...

Yeah, you're right

It's an issue with the ample guitar app, but idk why does that happen. The audio is fine until I start recording so I have no idea why does hellrazer react this way

Are you following this for soft synth audio recording?

Soft synth audio recording

In addition to recording a performance as MIDI data, you can also record a soft synth’s audio output to any audio track in real-time. This allows you to treat a soft synth like an external hardware synthesizer.

If your project contains any soft synths, each soft synth audio output will be exposed as an audio track input source. If your soft synth has multiple outputs, you can record the audio from each output onto a separate audio track.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=SoftSynths.27.html

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, abacab said:

Are you following this for soft synth audio recording?

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=SoftSynths.27.html

Yes, that's exactly what I did

I'm pretty sure It isn't cakewalk's problem now

Bend/release does happen but only when the note that is bended and released is the first one in the hellrazer app

I'm really confused to be honest

13 minutes ago, Despaircito said:

Yes, that's exactly what I did

I'm pretty sure It isn't cakewalk's problem now

Bend/release does happen but only when the note that is bended and released is the first one in the hellrazer app

I'm really confused to be honest

I'm confused because I think you said that your ears can hear the instrument sounds played correctly in real-time, but that is not captured in the real-time audio recording?

I can hear it absoletely fine in the plugin itself but if I try to record it the problem appears over and over again. 

The audio recording should be exactly the same as what you hear when playing the instrument.

Edit: but if you are first trying to record the performance as MIDI, then you are trying to play that MIDI performance back and record that as audio, the problem probably lies in your MIDI file. The Ample guitars require keyswitches for the bends and slides, etc. If those are missing from the recorded MIDI performance, you would have issues with correct playback.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm confused because I think you said that your ears can hear the instrument sounds played correctly in real-time, but that is not captured in the real-time audio recording?

The audio recording should be exactly the same as what you hear when playing the instrument.

Edit: but if you are first trying to record the performance as MIDI, then you are trying to play that MIDI performance back and record that as audio, the problem probably lies in your MIDI file. The Ample guitars require keyswitches for the bends and slides, etc. If those are missing from the recorded MIDI performance, you would have issues with correct playback.

What I meant by that is if I just play the audio in the plugin without recording, then it's completely fine and sounds just as I intended but as soon as I hit the record button and try to play the audio the same way I played before recording began(basically just playing the audio from plugin and recording it this way), the audio in the plugin starts to have issues(no bends/releases/slides). Also I don't even need to turn on the recording, if I just press 'play'(even when there's just emptiness) in the cakewalk and then come back to plugin and play the audio, it still glitches. I hear the instruments played correctly only if I don't do these 2 steps.

Bends and releases do happen only if they're applied to the first note in the plugin

Edited by Despaircito

34 minutes ago, Despaircito said:

What I meant by that is if I just play the audio in the plugin without recording, then it's completely fine and sounds just as I intended but as soon as I hit the record button and try to play the audio the same way I played before recording began(basically just playing the audio from plugin and recording it this way),

Just curious as you never mentioned it, but how are you "playing" the instrument? Are you using an external MIDI controller, your PC keyboard as a virtual controller, or clicking on the plugin GUI?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Just curious as you never mentioned it, but how are you "playing" the instrument? Are you using an external MIDI controller, your PC keyboard as a virtual controller, or clicking on the plugin GUI?

By 'playing' I meant pressing the 'Riff play toggle' key so I can hear the thing I wrote.

I don't actually play anything in the plugin, I just write what I want to record in the riffer and then record it

Sorry, I've made a typo in my previous message, I was supposed to say 'the same way I played it(the audio)' 

So I play the sound,  not the instrument itself haha