Plugin Boutique May Freebie w/Purchase - Antares DUO

cclarry

Outside of being free from a well known developer, why would I need this?   Doesn't Izotope, Melda,Eventide, and others have something similar in your collection instead of looking for some cheap item you wouldn't use anyway just to get this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

The intrusive questions to set up an Antares account and then the various hoops you have to jump through in order to get Duo installed and authorized - far too irritating for Just Another Vocal Doubler that I'll never use. I've got Nectar 3, MUnison, and use them already, so whatever.

But the $10 Objeq Delay I picked up looks semi-useful and unique...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Outside of being free from a well known developer, why would I need this?   Doesn't Izotope, Melda,Eventide, and others have something similar in your collection instead of looking for some cheap item you wouldn't use anyway just to get this?

Yes, and here it is! No need to buy anything.

Vocal Mixing 101: Free Vocal Doubler Plug-in and Tips for Mixing Vocals

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/vocal-doubler-and-tips-for-mixing-vocals.html#vocal-doubler-plug-in

Edited by smde
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John Bradley said:

far too irritating for Just Another Vocal Doubler that I'll never use. I've got Nectar 3, MUnison, and use them already, so whatever.

But the $10 Objeq Delay I picked up looks semi-useful and unique...

I kinda had the moment of clarity with this one. At first I was thinking "ooh, Antares," but as you say, it's a vocal doubler. I need that like I need another channel strip or LUFS meter.

My go-to vocal doubler is Soundspot Voxbox. It just has the best display for indicating what it's doing. Most of my old Soundspot FX have been replaced in either Meldaproduction or Plugin Alliance sales (if they would use OpenGL for those pretty UI's it might be a different story), but that one has withstood the test o'time.

I got Objeq Delay as a PB freeB a couple of years (?) back and it is alllll that. Good grab. Some really unique sounds in that thing. It lives up to A|A|S' reputation for sonic quality and delivering really useful presets.

• Like 2