Plugin Boutique May Freebie w/Purchase - Antares DUO

cclarry

I hate that you can't register the product in antares portal, if you don't have codemeter .. , I would like to just leave the license in the account and that's it, so I only see this possible if you do it on a secondary computer

Just now, marled said:

But I have 2 Antares EVO products on iLok! 

Right....but they were purchase BEFORE the change over.
Anything bought NOW requires Codemeter protection.
I also still have products on iLok...but all the new one's I've
purchased require Codemeter, not iLok

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

Right....but they were purchase BEFORE the change over.
Anything bought NOW requires Codemeter protection.
I also still have products on iLok...but all the new one's I've
purchased require Codemeter, not iLok

Sh...!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ALC said:

Does anyone know of Antares Duo can be used live?

Testing it out now.  There's a noticeable delay when used live.

Unlike Auto-Tune, Duo doesn't have a Low Latency setting.  Bummer.

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Codemeter runs in the System Tray on Windows, and it is pretty unintrusive.  I don't
mind it...but I don't mind iLok either.  Everyone has "their quirks"

It doesn't bother me.  Reason uses it. BTW how many installs are allowed for this plugin?

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

Codemeter runs in the System Tray on Windows, and it is pretty unintrusive.  I don't
mind it...but I don't mind iLok either.  Everyone has "their quirks"

I must be getting old, that’s why I complain about anyone’s complaints, especially when I see no big problem. For example, I never had any problems with Codemeter, but you should have seen countless pages of moaning on another forum when the synth Avenger got Codemeter has a copy protection after the synth and all their expansions became pirated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Young said:

BTW how many installs are allowed for this plugin?

“Your license for Auto-Tune® Unlimited, Auto-Tune Pro, Auto-Tune Access, Auto-Tune EFX+, Auto-Tune Artist, Auto-Key, AVOX 4, or any of the individual AVOX plugins (Articulator, Aspire, Choir, Duo, Harmony Engine, Mic Mod, Mutator, Punch, Sybil, Throat, Warm), can be activated on up to two computers at a time.”

Edited by ALC
  • Thanks 2

On 5/7/2022 at 2:51 AM, Yan Filiatrault said:

I must be getting old, that’s why I complain about anyone’s complaints, especially when I see no big problem. For example, I never had any problems with Codemeter, but you should have seen countless pages of moaning on another forum when the synth Avenger got Codemeter has a copy protection after the synth and all their expansions became pirated.

We're all getting old! 😆

I could have used the same introduction as you. 😄 These are my problems:

• I am still one of these guys that have 2 computers offline. With the new Antares authorization this is a problem, even if Codemeter generally would support offline activation, Antares seems not to support it with their Antares Central sh..!
  • I know how to use iLok. I have even 2 Antares plugins using iLok and that runs perfect also for offline activation (on iLok hardware)! It is really a hassle when it is now required to install and understand Codemeter in addition, only for 1 Antares plugin!
  • Codemeter requires resources (100 MB space on my precious C-drive SSD and process runtime resources for 1 plugin only)

I tried to install and authorize Duo, but now it seems it's all been invain! I guess this plugin will get on my dungheap of unusable plugins! 😆 It's a pity that more and more plugin providers imply this forever online doctrine!

But as always: YMMV ! 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1