IK Miroslav Philharmonik

cclarry

5 hours ago, InstrEd said:

If you don't have a nice Orchestra library then it isn't a bad purchase.  Is it the best out there?  No IMHO, but for most of us that are not Jerry composing Symphony pieces it does the trick.  Heck I would love to have Vienna Cube but I don't have $$$$ for it. 

I don't own it, but over at VI, when someone had asked questions about Miroslav,  one of the very knowledgeable composers  over at VI had recommended Amadeus instead. I heard a  surprisingly impressive demo of it years ago,  but otherwise,  don't know much about it, beyond that  it's a KONTAKT Player full orchestra library. I think I've seen on sale for $79 - $99 USD.  I don't know how GPO is these days. I own an early version of it.  Kirk Hunter,  (disclosure,  Kirk's a friend of mine that I've advised as a paid consultant in the past), also has orchestral libraries he puts on sale for low prices from time to time -- even under $100. While I like Miroslav's tone, I think other options are well worth exploring, as I've mentioned,  and the free BBCDO from Spitfire is absolutely worth getting for anyone on a budget and can be supplemented with  other libraries including their $29 USD Originals libraries which I find are a great bargain. 

https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

I think the plus for MP2 is if that it can be used in Sampletank, at least I think so.    Agree there are probably better options out there now but for the simple type of stuff I do it fits my needs at the moment.   GPO is a nice small footprint for building your own orchestra mock ups to learn orchestration.  The community college in the area used it for a class over 12 years ago along with Finale.  I wanted to take the course but at the time it conflicted with my work schedule :(

• Like 2

I have Amadeus, and I would say that it's a great all in one library for Kontakt (Player compatible). Tracy from Indigenus worked with Don at Sonic Scores to produce that one. It was intended to complement Sonic Scores Overture 5 as an integrated orchestral library, but as a Kontakt library it will run anywhere.

The full symphony preset is a blast. You have all sections of the orchestra under you fingertips on the keyboard! :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

I have Amadeus, and I would say that it's a great all in one library for Kontakt (Player compatible). Tracy from Indigenus worked with Don at Sonic Scores to produce that one. It was intended to complement Sonic Scores Overture 5 as an integrated orchestral library, but as a Kontakt library it will run anywhere.

The full symphony preset is a blast. You have all sections of the orchestra under you fingertips on the keyboard! :)

https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

• Like 2

Wait, you know I'm a fan of your videos too, @Simeon Amburgey. I love your videos. It's a blast to watch you enjoy a library and just fall in love with patches -- it reflects the joyful child in all of us when we fall in love with instruments /sounds. Your videos are really great at that -- you just have to be you to keep them enjoyable. I think that's real secret to your YouTube success, you're just being yourself and it works. 

Although, to be completely candid, when I buy the same library, it sounds greatly inferior,  although that can be completely due to quality of the guy playing it (me compared to you!), not the libraries themselves. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Wait, you know I'm a fan of your videos too, @Simeon Amburgey. I love your videos. It's a blast to watch you enjoy a library and just fall in love with patches -- it reflects the joyful child in all of us when we fall in love with instruments /sounds. Your videos are really great at that -- you just have to be you to keep them enjoyable. I think that's real secret to your YouTube success, you're just being yourself and it works. 

Although, to be completely candid, when I buy the same library and it sounds greatly inferior,  although that can be completely due to quality of the guy playing it (me compared to you!), not the libraries themselves. 

Thank you so much, that really does mean a lot to me, you get it. 🤓

• Like 1