Updating plugins makes them non-functional in older projects

2 hours ago, Craig Anderton said:

Ha! Brings back memories :)  

FWIW I'm planning on releasing a MIDI 2.0 book in 2023 if MIDI 2.0 has gotten enough traction by then. It will be for Sweetwater Publishing, like all my other books (except for the Cakewalk one).

Look forward to that one.

@Craig Anderton BTW - I've been collecting your "Musicians Guide to Recording" series, but a few of them seem to be unavailable, particularly "How to Record and Mix Electric Bass" and "Desktop Mastering".   Are these still in the pipeline?

I select the take lane and double click on the text field.  See this to expand the take lanes. This page shows item J. Comments in Figure 205.  The "explanation" is the last item in the list of Track Lane controls.  

Edited by User 905133
added another link; added a link to the online doc; "open" changed to "select"
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

How to access this box to enter information?

Just open your take lanes and it should be right there, big black box in the header. It sits right beneath the track's FX rack. It's sort of "hidden in plain sight." You may have thought (as I did at first) that it was just a placeholder.

Before I started using CbB, I had to insert a plug-in like MNotepad in order to get close to this functionality.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Just open your take lanes and it should be right there, big black box in the header. It sits right beneath the track's FX rack. It's sort of "hidden in plain sight." You may have thought (as I did at first) that it was just a placeholder.

Yes its there, but without double clicking in the text area I don't think others can type in comments either.  That's why I double click there.  For all of the obvious, unnecessary stuff that's in there, the documentation doesn't tell people to double click (unless I missed it)!!!  😜

Comments. Type a comment or description of the selected take.

Maybe its different on different PCs?  Maybe there's a way to bind "Open Take Lane Comments Box" to something else? [Nope; not that I saw]

image.png.5d61832d303b8bf25cf55663053c119a.png

Edited by User 905133
to add picture
  • Like 2

• Expand the track. The Take Lanes button is at the bottom. 
    • I usually expand the track by dragging the bottom edge of the track down.  
    • Other use the expand/collapse button in the upper right corner of the track.
    • Some people use keyboard shortcuts to expand the track. 
Edited by User 905133
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I select the take lane and double click on the text field.  See this to expand the take lanes.

In fact, I didn't see any reference in the documentation to this field that is not hidden, but exists in a line of type TAKE.

I'll try to improve my view of it working on the Model.

Automation lanes and take lanes were in SONAR long before I ever tried them.  I think it was in 2018 or 2019 that I finally used the take lanes.  I had a bass pattern and I was testing melodic leads on top.  That's when I decided that the comments box was useful.  I think I had 18-20 of melodic lines with a bass pattern that was maybe 16 or 32 measures long.  So I listened to them and took notes for later.

Edited by User 905133

On 5/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, msmcleod said:

Look forward to that one.

@Craig Anderton BTW - I've been collecting your "Musicians Guide to Recording" series, but a few of them seem to be unavailable, particularly "How to Record and Mix Electric Bass" and "Desktop Mastering".   Are these still in the pipeline?

No, they are not. I'll send you a PM as to why :)  However, I will be doing a desktop mastering eBook in the future. Thanks for your interest!