Upcoming PA Releases

cclarry

4 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

At this point, I'm filing everything PA under my "who cares" folder. They are really screwing the pooch lately.

I think it is an issue of timing.  If you look at the deals we saw last week (if you factor in universal voucher codes), I don't see how anyone could possibly suggest there were not deals to be had (Amek 9099 + one of many other top shelf plugins for a combined $37 was frankly amazing).  Of course if you spent $50 for the Amek using a $75 voucher less than 2 months ago...and spent $25 on Blackbox MS using a $75 voucher last month....like someone I know....it might not have felt like the best timing.  

I have no doubt the next deal is going to be amazing for new comers.  However, those of us that have been purchasing in mass quantities over the last few years with the plugin boom, we might be in for some disappointment with too much overlap of what we already purchased.  

• Like 4

Franky the ssl duende channel strip +bus comp at 49€ is what i call a crazy deal that can cover 80% of a mix need ...

i paid 600 euros back then to have it in dsp just 32 channel ( in mono!!) 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I think it is an issue of timing.  If you look at the deals we saw last week (if you factor in universal voucher codes), I don't see how anyone could possibly suggest there were not deals to be had (Amek 9099 + one of many other top shelf plugins for a combined $37 was frankly amazing).  Of course if you spent $50 for the Amek using a $75 voucher less than 2 months ago...and spent $25 on Blackbox MS using a $75 voucher last month....like someone I know....it might not have felt like the best timing.  

I have no doubt the next deal is going to be amazing for new comers.  However, those of us that have been purchasing in mass quantities over the last few years with the plugin boom, we might be in for some disappointment with too much overlap of what we already purchased.  

The bigger issue I think is that many of the new plugins they've been putting out lately are just not up to par with a lot of the stuff they've released in the past. They've taken the road that Waves took and are spending much more time on promotion and advertising while sculpting their image rather than investing in the quality of their products. There was an interesting discussion the other day on how they've essentially molded a fanbase that would support them in giving off the image that they are top tier when they really aren't. Waves did that same thing for years. How many people would get started in production thinking that Waves plugins were the best in class because they were the name thrown around by everyone despite their quality severely dropping over the years? I think that's the bigger picture that people need to be focused on with PA right now. Regardless of their marketing, their new products just aren't hitting the marks.

2 hours ago, TerraSin said:

The bigger issue I think is that many of the new plugins they've been putting out lately are just not up to par with a lot of the stuff they've released in the past. They've taken the road that Waves took and are spending much more time on promotion and advertising while sculpting their image rather than investing in the quality of their products. There was an interesting discussion the other day on how they've essentially molded a fanbase that would support them in giving off the image that they are top tier when they really aren't. Waves did that same thing for years. How many people would get started in production thinking that Waves plugins were the best in class because they were the name thrown around by everyone despite their quality severely dropping over the years? I think that's the bigger picture that people need to be focused on with PA right now. Regardless of their marketing, their new products just aren't hitting the marks.

I'm curious which ones you think are worse than the old offerings?

Things like the Amek 9099 have some pretty cool features and have seen some critical acclaim, and the SSL J while sounding quite a bit different than the E or G always seems to be put in the "it sounds better" than the older SSL emulations.