Cherry Audio Minimode

cclarry

Mmmm, I wondered what they would come up with this time. As much as I like Cherry's products I have Minimoog emulations coming out of the ying yang.  I am not sure what this will add to my party.  Mark Barton's involvement makes its likely this will be very good and excellent value for those who don't have so many other options.

I may wait and see if its added to to Synth Stack with a tempting price.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

The Minimoog emulation to beat is the Softube's Model 72 IMO. But it's monophonic only though.

The polyphony is a good addition of course, but I'm not sure if It'd be my first choice for a polysynth.

As always, the price is right. But in this case my other emulations will have to suffice until, say, a $19 deal.

Edited by Sergio

I just messed around with the demo and compared it to the Arturia Mini V3, and will easily pass on this. Note that I'm no master of the Mini Moog parameters and pretty much just compared the sounds of the presets.

Yes, the market for minimoog emulations is really cramped, maybe it was a "why not?" decision for Cherry Audio, but perhaps they should have done a promotion similar to the one they did for the MG-1

From the emulations I have maybe i'd put at the top of the list the g-force minimonsta, because of the fun factor in the presets by Rick Wakeman.