AAS Objeq Delay Manufacturer Focus Sale (Exclusive)

cclarry

It is an interesting delay plugin, but it is very CPU hungry! That's what I don't like. It's minimum double compared to other delays that I have, or the best one consumes 20 times less cpu!

Lately I have checked a lot of plugins in Reaper with regard to CPU consumption. I was really surprised of some (disappointed). I have also dropped 3 current deals, because of that. For this test I like that my laptop is not so powerful. This makes it easier to see the differences (than on my desktops).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marled said:

It is an interesting delay plugin, but it is very CPU hungry! That's what I don't like. It's minimum double compared to other delays that I have, or the best one consumes 20 times less cpu!

CPU Hungry? Here's a screen grab of Reaper with one instance of Objeq Delay on an audio loop.

Seeing about 0.60% CPU here for the FX...

Reaper + ObjeqDelay CPU.PNG

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, abacab said:

CPU Hungry? Here's a screen grab of Reaper with one instance of Objeq Delay on an audio loop.

Seeing about 0.60% CPU here for the FX...

It is a lot for one plugin! Think if you have a lot of tracks and each with multiple plugins. I think your measurement is on a moderate or even powerful system. On my laptop (i5-5200U, 8 GB memory) it shows about 2.7% cpu for one single instance. A delay is not like a reverb that you may use on a bus for multiple tracks.

I have almost 30 delays and there is only one that can exceed this: PA's Sandman Pro 👎.

By the way there are many plugins of clever developers that show only 0.1 up to 1.0% cpu even on my laptop (e.g. Softube plugins, Toneboosters). And this is the benchmark IMO 😉.

24 minutes ago, marled said:

It is a lot for one plugin! Think if you have a lot of tracks and each with multiple plugins. I think your measurement is on a moderate or even powerful system. On my laptop (i5-5200U, 8 GB memory) it shows about 2.7% cpu for one single instance. A delay is not like a reverb that you may use on a bus for multiple tracks.

I have almost 30 delays and there is only one that can exceed this: PA's Sandman Pro 👎.

By the way there are many plugins of clever developers that show only 0.1 up to 1.0% cpu even on my laptop (e.g. Softube plugins, Toneboosters). And this is the benchmark IMO 😉.

Well, being realistic, I can't imagine using this ObjeqDelay plugin on more than a track or two at a time... it's a creative sound design tool and not a typical delay plugin. Apples/oranges...

But it can do things that are unique.

So a few percent of the CPU is in line with my expectations. And I am running a modest i5-9600K CPU.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marled said:

Toneboosters plugins are insanely good and light on CPU.  Just the best value out there IMHO.  Now if only they had a delay...

• Like 1

Beyond traditions...

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/objeq-delay/

Objeq Delay is a creative delay unit with unique filtering options thanks to our acoustic object models. Going beyond traditional delay duties, Objeq Delay delivers modulator type effects, drum track layering, one-shot re-crafting, dynamic loop mangling, and drones…

Unheard worlds

Transporting classic effects to previously unheard worlds.

Interaction between the two delay lines lets you create innumerable rhythmic variations, but what makes Objeq Delay unique is the interaction between the modules. Applying LFO modulation to parameters such as Object frequency, material, or formant can generate effects difficult to reproduce with other processors.

Geary Yelton, Electronic Musician

Edited by abacab