PA May Loyalty Vouchers and CHANGE

cclarry

19 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

The point of the subscription is that I get to use a massive part of their catalog for a year + get $200 to buy whatever I want during a mega sale. Why would I be buying $15 plugins - that I've likely never used much other than a demo - when I already have everything to try out for 12 months? And then buy specifically what I want / use in December sales season.

I don't understand why anyone debates this deal. It's insane. For $150 my entire mixing and mastering needs are covered for a year - by extremely high quality plugins - and the cost of the sub still goes to permanent buys on heavily discounted super sales. This is the best deal in the industry as far as I'm concerned. Not only that, but 2 years of this subscription has saved me tons of money not having to buy shit I don't need from other companies. I haven't bought a UAD plugin, or a single emulation or mix / mastering related plugin from any other company since I started this subscription  - and I used to spend $100 / EACH on those UAD plugins. My studio's plugin expenses went WAY down these last 2 years.

Yeah… but they want their voucher… The thing I don’t like is the tendency for people to complain as soon as there is any change, without even knowing what will be offered, with or without vouchers. They just gave us a bundle of plugins worth a lot, they consistently offered some of the best prices in the industry, and we all own way more PA plugins that we’ll ever need, but people still find reason for complaining in advance…

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

No that’s Lars Ulrich. Not knowing that is a sacrilege.

No, I know it, it was just my attempt at humor 😇

26 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

You confusing him with Dirk Hammet, the bassist.

No, I am not, but . . . perhaps we are both confused, Kirk Hammett -Lead Guitar

Just trying a little humor peoples.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, heath row said:

No, I know it, it was just my attempt at humor 😇

No, I am not, but . . . perhaps we are both confused, Kirk Hammett -Lead Guitar

Or perhaps my own attempt at humor was just not a very good one. ;) Metallica was one of the bands I grew up listening to, so...

34 minutes ago, heath row said:

Just trying a little humor peoples.

And we appreciate it, sincerely. Please don't be discouraged to try again in the future. :)

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Yeah… but they want their voucher… The thing I don’t like is the tendency for people to complain as soon as there is any change, without even knowing what will be offered, with or without vouchers. They just gave us a bundle of plugins worth a lot, they consistently offered some of the best prices in the industry, and we all own way more PA plugins that we’ll ever need, but people still find reason for complaining in advance…

Ya - I think a lot of people just want to buy shit impulsively, and these companies are likely making a killing off people thinking they're getting stuff cheap - but likely buying stuff they don't need, buying things often, and spending way more than they need to in the long run. Somehow a once a year purchase, and having all your bases covered, is less preferable than obsessing over vouchers and sales every week trying to nickle and dime a company that knows exactly what's it doing to get your money.

3 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

The point of the subscription is that I get to use a massive part of their catalog for a year + get $200 to buy whatever I want during a mega sale. Why would I be buying $15 plugins - that I've likely never used much other than a demo - when I already have everything to try out for 12 months? And then buy specifically what I want / use in December sales season.

I don't understand why anyone debates this deal. It's insane. For $150 my entire mixing and mastering needs are covered for a year - by extremely high quality plugins - and the cost of the sub still goes to permanent buys on heavily discounted super sales. This is the best deal in the industry as far as I'm concerned. Not only that, but 2 years of this subscription has saved me tons of money not having to buy shit I don't need from other companies. I haven't bought a UAD plugin, or a single emulation or mix / mastering related plugin from any other company since I started this subscription  - and I used to spend $100 / EACH on those UAD plugins. My studio's plugin expenses went WAY down these last 2 years.

Personally unless I own a plugin, I'd rather not have it to use, as then if I want to go back into a track to make a minor change down the track, it's a pain.

Most sales, even Mega Sales, the average plugin price is still normally $30 per plugin and stacks of them are higher, as they often have pricing tiers. So when you're forced to buy all your plugins in that one sale, your actual voucher just doesn't go as far.

I don't buy any plugins, just based on price, or hype, I just buy what I personally test and rate. But when I talk about getting plugins for under $25, they're mostly still many of the ones people rave about and PAs most expensive though.  So things like Amek EQ200, 9000J, Opticom XLA-3, Purple Audio MC77, SPLL Iron, Elysia Alpha, etc.

Just a few examples are picking up Unfiltered Audio BYOME & TRIAD Modular FX Bundle with Opticom XLA-3 for $24.99 total for all of them.

Plugin Alliance Mastering Bundle 3 which was really only for Vertigo VSM-3, but also included bx_dynEQ, bx_hybrid V2, bx_limiter and bx_meter all for $24.99.

Even Purple Audio MC77 was only $9.99

When you do the simple math, it's much cheaper than spending the $200 voucher that often gets you one super deal plugin, then the rest $30+.

I mean even in those examples, that all costs only $60 and even to pick them all up in a Mega Sale you likely just blew your entire voucher. That's why people debate it.

Additionally, I really have no need to spend anything with PA and can just keep using everything I have now, so no ongoings. When the subscription stops, many can't say the same.

Some people the subscriptions suit, but for anyone that looks at the math, they often find they just aren't as good as a total cost. But if subscriptions work for you, then that's the main thing. 👍

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, heath row said:

It's crazy really, there's got to be something wrong, some diagnose-able physiological disorder.🤪  

Yep. Agreed.

I think you diagnosed it in your first two words!!!

3 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

So do you reconsider your opinion?

???  I don't understand the question.

My point was that because of being able to get Plugins previously for $14.99 with vouchers
that most won't want to spend $50 out of pocket, even if getting multiple plugins, that is 
unless those Multiples are all selling at $14.99 in which case you would STILL have to buy
6 of them to use your monthly voucher, because 5 only totals $74.95, and the voucher won't
work!

And not that you can get one plugin for $30.99 every month, that really puts a damper on
the Voucher being of any use.

Edited by cclarry

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

???  I don't understand the question.

My point was that because of being able to get Plugins previously for $14.99 with vouchers
that most won't want to spend $50 out of pocket, even if getting multiple plugins, that is 
unless those Multiples are all selling at $14.99 in which case you would STILL have to buy
6 of them to use your monthly voucher, because 5 only totals $74.95, and the voucher won't
work!

And not that you can get one plugin for $30.99 every month, that really puts a damper on
the Voucher being of any use.

My point was that people were complaining with the new voucher minimum spending without even knowing the offers, while you just acknowledged on another thread that someone can get 17 plugins for 60$ with the voucher.

3 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

My point was that people were complaining with the new voucher minimum spending without even knowing the offers, while you just acknowledged on another thread that someone can get 17 plugins for 60$ with the voucher.

Your kinda "Nit Picking" Yan.

That's a RARE exception as the Soundwide Bundle is "Limited Time"

Try thinking in more GENERAL, OVERALL, terms

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Your kinda "Nit Picking" Yan.

That's a RARE exception as the Soundwide Bundle is "Limited Time"

Try thinking in more GENERAL, OVERALL, terms

Yes you're right in general, but with PA, you can expect the unexpected pretty much anytime

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

The problem is that 16 of them are regularly free...! Slight exaggeration, but I think it conveys the sentiment of many people 🤣

• Haha 2