Synthmaster deal at PB

satya

9 hours ago, Promidi said:

I would have thought Synthmaster 3 might have been completed and available by now.....

Bulent, the KV331 Audio developer, recently announced over at KVR that he will soon be dedicating his full time efforts to working on SynthMaster 3. He had several projects in line ahead that had to be completed first. Apple M1 compatibility being among them, as well as some iOS, NKS, and VST3 updates.

At any rate, he will probably beat u-He to Zebra 3. :)

23 minutes ago, abacab said:

What MIDI bug?

On both standalones, they have an artificial limit set on the number of Midi inputs available.    For some people that have a lot of midi inputs (like me), I cannot select my midi controller, as it is too far down in the list.

2 hours ago, husker said:

On both standalones, they have an artificial limit set on the number of Midi inputs available.    For some people that have a lot of midi inputs (like me), I cannot select my midi controller, as it is too far down in the list.

The KV331 standalones suck! Have not used them since a brief dabble.

Try the free Tone2 Nanohost. The settings work well, https://www.tone2.net/nanohost.html

Just download the Nanohost.exe and make as many copies as you need in your plugins folder. The actual plugin "Synthmaster2 .dll" needs to remain in the same folder.

To use the .exe just replace the "Nanohost" part of the Tone 2 executable name with the actual name of the Synthmaster2 plugin .dll while leaving the file as an .exe. For example, "Nanohost.exe" becomes "Synthmaster2".exe and now you have a new standalone. :)

The Nanohost only works with VST2. I like it the best, but if you really need VST3 compatibility, check out SaviHost3x64 >  https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, husker said:

I have had this on all my KV331 synths since I got them.  Max MIDI inputs = PC Keyboard + 16.  Typically my main usb keyboard is higher than number 16 and therefore is not visible to the synths. 

But I have a work around in two parts

Part 1: One of my devices is an iConnectMIDI4+ which has its own set of 16 MIDI device ports.  It has an on/off button on the front.  So if I have it switched off, KV331 synths see my main usb keyboard and I can select it via KV331's Edit > I/O setup menu system.

Part 2: Once set up, I leave the configuration alone!   This includes software updates!!  KV331 asks if I want to reset my config file, I say, "No." 

I am pretty sure I reported this when I first got KV331 synths, but after getting and trying the standard advice (uninstall/reinstall, etc.), I decided it my workaround met my needs.

Obviously, this solution might not meet the needs of other users. (But maybe you have a similar workaround.)

@Bulent Biyikoglu  Hi.  As long as I typed this issue up, I thought I'd add your name in case you get a notification.  The workaround I described meets my needs, but if the midi device limit can be fixed, others might benefit.  Thanks.

Edited by User 905133

2 hours ago, abacab said:

The KV331 standalones suck! Have not used them since a brief dabble.

Try the free Tone2 Nanohost. The settings work well, https://www.tone2.net/nanohost.html

Just download the Nanohost.exe and make as many copies as you need in your plugins folder. The actual plugin "Synthmaster2 .dll" needs to remain in the same folder.

To use the .exe just replace the "Nanohost" part of the Tone 2 executable name with the actual name of the Synthmaster2 plugin .dll while leaving the file as an .exe. For example, "Nanohost.exe" becomes "Synthmaster2".exe and now you have a new standalone. :)

The Nanohost only works with VST2. I like it the best, but if you really need VST3 compatibility, check out SaviHost3x64 >  https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

I actually think the stand alone is fine, not sure why you don't like it.  I wish all VSTs had stand alones.  I can certainly use Komplete Kontrol or something (that is what I usually do), but it shouldn't be like this.   According to the last email I got from KV331, they said "easy fix" but I'm disappointed that it seems to have been a long time problem.  And per @User 905133, it sounds like I'm not the only one to report the problem.

2 minutes ago, husker said:

I actually think the stand alone is fine, not sure why you don't like it.  I wish all VSTs had stand alones.  I can certainly use Komplete Kontrol or something (that is what I usually do), but it shouldn't be like this.   According to the last email I got from KV331, they said "easy fix" but I'm disappointed that it seems to have been a long time problem.  And per @User 905133, it sounds like I'm not the only one to report the problem.

Just FYI, all standalones are plugin wrappers, proprietary or otherwise.... Some just work better than others. YMMV.

Edited by abacab