Does anyone know where to find a good guitar chord chart

Old Joad

2 hours ago, craigb said:

You have to be sharp if you want to see! 😜

Reminds me of the time we had to tell our bass player he wasn't going to be singing Angel Eyes by Jeff Healey anymore. He was terrible and he wasn't the type of bass player who could play and sing at the same time. Bass and drum players who sing are a special breed in my opinion. It's very hard to do for most. I think your brain has to be wired wrong in a good way.

Our drummer was one of those guys who could play and sing. It was his band and he wanted to sing it but didn't have the testicular fortitude to tell the bass player. So he called me and asked me to transpose it in a key he could sing in. A freaking flat. You guys ever try playing that song in a flat on guitar? Of course not. Nobody has. And before you run to youtube to fact check me, I can tell you from memory without checking the original was in C. 😁

But anyway, we got to practice and the drummer says, "Ok lets go over Angel Eyes in A flat." and the bass player totally lost his shiznit.

I still keep in touch with the drummer and whenever one of us calls each other on the phone to this day the other will answer by saying, "A FLAT?!!?!". It's one of those awkward band moments you never forget and it happened in the early 90s.

• Like 1

You finally learn a few new chords &  to celebrate your perseverance and good fortune you form a band .

The Bass player with connections enters the group in the battle of the bands . You make it all the way to  the finals to square off up against these guys .

How well do you think your gonna do ?  😜

I don't know if this is a musical thing or not but it should be one 😉

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 2