as it is called "<" key

imstre

Keyboard shortcuts don't use the character that pressing a key shows, instead they use the actual keyboard code sent from the keyboard itself. 

Keyboards designed for different countries may result in different codes than the ones you might expect.  For example, UK keyboards while close to US keyboards, give different results on certain keys.

The only sure way to find a particular key is to use the "Locate Key" button on the keyboard shortcuts screen and press the key you want to map.

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

The only sure way to find a particular key is to use the "Locate Key" button on the keyboard shortcuts screen and press the key you want to map.

Thanks,  if I knew what it was called i did it, (<) - he changes focus is the track in to clip  and  back, i don't know  as it is called

so i can't find it.

16 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Rather than search, use the Locate Key button to launch the key finder (if you're not doing that already).  The "Search" box searches the descriptions, not the keys.

i tried but couldn't find it, thanks.

10 hours ago, sjoens said:

How would we know he's using German version? :S

I use a normal English keyboard (United Sates) the symbol is ( , ) he changes focus from a clip in the track  and I want to change to ( ~ )

it would be convenient for me but I do not find in keyboard shortcut

Ah! Now I'm  less confused, I think. So is that "I < confused"? or "Confused < I"?! :D

Both "~" and "<" require the shift key.

In preferences...

"~" (shift+~) not assigned

"<" (shift+<) assigned to Start/Stop Rewind

"," not assigned but seems to toggle track selection on & off

Not sure how you're toggling between track and clip here but it looks like there is no function listed for that.

Current list:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=KeyboardShortcuts.html

Edited by sjoens
  • Thanks 1