a kiss

jack c.

this one is probably the best sounding mix you've ever done....great, great intro....the various sonic excursions that follow are impressive....i like it....but do feel it could be tightened up a bit to change it to a more accessible overall level....very, very well done jack 🎶🎶🎶🎶

6 hours ago, jack c. said:

thanks so much larry.what do ya mean by above?jack c.

hi jack, what I meant by "could be tightened up a bit to change it to a more accessible overall level" was my own personal taste would have done a different arrangement....I would shorten the verses, add the harp which comes in at 3:20 to more of the song and put an instrument solo section in....this is all my subjective taste 🎶🎶🔊🔊

Mix and mastering getting lot better Jack. On  the music side, take your time with your transitions where you go from one section to the next section , like going from a verse to a chorus, sometimes its good to do a clever transition or a pre-chorus which you nail at about 3:20 with a great run down but when you come back in to sing could have been more slick. I put that ride/crash repeat cymbal back more, out front to much when you start singing at the start which as the affect of swallowing  your vocal in the verb at times, i probably would have done a subtle rim tap or cow bell instead of that cymbal.  Only my opinion from a music POV is some changes could flow more, from where you go from one section to then a sudden change of sound to another section, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Maybe needed a key change or more of a progression with chords at times to get more range from your vocal. Sometimes its good to step back for couple of days and then go back with fresh ears,  we can become entrenched with so much going on and not hear certain things because we sort of desensitise. Good work