Objeq delay issues?

Tim Smith

• 3 weeks later...

No problems here.

But as with all A|A|S plug-ins, the first time you show the UI, it takes multiple seconds to display, and during that time, the DAW's UI can also stop updating and go unresponsive. So it looks like the whole thing has frozen, but I just have to wait it out.

On 5/21/2022 at 4:07 PM, Starship Krupa said:

No problems here.

But as with all A|A|S plug-ins, the first time you show the UI, it takes multiple seconds to display, and during that time, the DAW's UI can also stop updating and go unresponsive. So it looks like the whole thing has frozen, but I just have to wait it out.

Good to know. I honestly haven't used the plugin lately because of all the trouble I had.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

yes i got this Objeq delay in a deal and i love it but it does cause hangs and drop outs (popping) on Cakewalk. So i don't use on track or bus but directly on the audio clip and once i get the sound i want, i bounce down but its a pain.  I also have similar problem with the cakewalk VX 64 vocal strip 

On 6/2/2022 at 8:26 AM, whoisp said:

yes i got this Objeq delay in a deal and i love it but it does cause hangs and drop outs (popping) on Cakewalk. So i don't use on track or bus but directly on the audio clip and once i get the sound i want, i bounce down but its a pain.  I also have similar problem with the cakewalk VX 64 vocal strip 

We need to get you sorted on this. Both of these plug-ins work fine even on my 10+ year old laptop. You can see in my sig that even my main system is not exactly a 2022 rocket sled.

Have you posted your system specs?

Have a look at https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/unofficial-windows-10-audio-workstation-build-and-tweak-guide-part-1/

He's a Microsoft dev who's buddies with Noel, the head of BandLab's Cakewalk group.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

We need to get you sorted on this. Both of these plug-ins work fine even on my 10+ year old laptop. You can see in my sig that even my main system is not exactly a 2022 rocket sled.

Have you posted your system specs?

Have a look at https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/unofficial-windows-10-audio-workstation-build-and-tweak-guide-part-1/

He's a Microsoft dev who's buddies with Noel, the head of BandLab's Cakewalk group.

Yes  Objeq delay and VX64 strip are the only two plugins i have audio dropouts and glitch's with.  I know lots of people do so i just work round it. I don't use Objeq delay much and VX64 strip is ok if you don't have it on to many tracks 

11 hours ago, whoisp said:

I know lots of people do

Well, I must admit, with the more extreme presets I use with Objeq Delay, they could be masking gaps and glitches in the audio! 😃 Also, now that I think about it, it has such a striking sonic footprint that I've never used more than one instance of it at a time.

Objeq Delay's manufacturer is still around, have you contacted A|A|S about it?