Klaus Schulze RIP.

Wookiee

That's so sad. I've purchased a LOT of his music over the years. I've got most of Tangerine Dream's catalog and some Ash Ra Tempel. Going to have to pick up his latest (Deus Arrakis) when it drops on 10 June just because. What a talent! RIP Klaus. Time to build a TD playlist on Amazon Music.

1c21de1.jpg

Edited by John Maar

8 hours ago, John Maar said:

That's so sad. I've purchased a LOT of his music over the years. I've got most of Tangerine Dream's catalog and some Ash Ra Tempel. Going to have to pick up his latest (Deus Arrakis) when it drops on 10 June just because. What a talent! RIP Klaus. Time to build a TD playlist on Amazon Music.

1c21de1.jpg

Heh, heck, I don't even have 100 Klaus Schulze albums!  (Only about 95...)  But that doesn't compare to the over 160 TD albums I've got.

If you like this type of stuff John, have you tried Ozric Tentacles?  I'm currently going through their entire discography (after recently finishing Djam Karet).  Next up was going to be Eloy, but I think Klaus will have to bump them down a notch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, craigb said:

Heh, heck, I don't even have 100 Klaus Schulze albums!  (Only about 95...)  But that doesn't compare to the over 160 TD albums I've got.

If you like this type of stuff John, have you tried Ozric Tentacles?  I'm currently going through their entire discography (after recently finishing Djam Karet).  Next up was going to be Eloy, but I think Klaus will have to bump them down a notch.

My forum handle before I switched to TheMaartian/LeMaartien (US/France; my last name is Maar), was Ozric. I own all of their releases. 👍🎸

I've got some Eloy. My favorite is the sort-of recent double live Reincarnation On Stage. It's a banger.

Don't know Djam Karet. Will have to check them out.

And let's not forget Gong and Amon Düül II (saw them live in Munich a couple of times in '71; I was stationed in Augsburg).

But you're right. Today needs to be a T.D. day.

There's a lot of live TD on YouTube. I picked this one from the Alter Oper (Old Opera House) in Frankfurt because I've been to shows there. I know, I know, no Klaus Schulze (only Edgar Froese), but I like this one.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3

RIP Klaus!!! 😢

I really got into Tangerine Dream back in the mid-80's. Picked up a few of their albums on cassette tape and played them in my car stereo or my portable walkman wherever I went, until I had pretty much worn them out. Great stuff!!!

Gotta start working on updating those streaming playlists now! :)

On 4/30/2022 at 1:23 AM, John Maar said:

My forum handle before I switched to TheMaartian/LeMaartien (US/France; my last name is Maar), was Ozric. I own all of their releases. 👍🎸

I've got some Eloy. My favorite is the sort-of recent double live Reincarnation On Stage. It's a banger.

Don't know Djam Karet. Will have to check them out.

And let's not forget Gong and Amon Düül II (saw them live in Munich a couple of times in '71; I was stationed in Augsburg).

But you're right. Today needs to be a T.D. day.

There's a lot of live TD on YouTube. I picked this one from the Alter Oper (Old Opera House) in Frankfurt because I've been to shows there. I know, I know, no Klaus Schulze (only Edgar Froese), but I like this one.

At 2:30 you can see Spectrasonics Atmosphere and NI Absynth and FM7 on the screen behind... :)

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1