Strange action converting Audio to MIDI

Keni

I'm not sure what's going on here. I've tried many alternative ways of approaching what used to work well...

Dragging an audio clip to a midi track for conversion.

Instead of converting the selected clip(s), it seems to be converting every audio clip in the song. I'm not sure of that extent because I keep giving up and re-booting before it finsihes, but even selecting a single 2 bar clip send Cake into non-stop conversions.

Using the latest Cake release and Melodyne 4.x

Any thoughts?

Now seeing that it's converting the clips of all the tracks the originating audio was dragged across to reach the MIDI track...

Edited by Keni

• 2 weeks later...

No. I am not dragging a Melodyne clip. It is an audio clip of guitar (di). Further exam shows that the 5 tracks between my audio source track and the MIDI track destination are somehow being included in the selection.

PITA, but not a show stopper. Workaround? I moved the audio source track so it is adjacent to MIDI track and the conversion proceeded as expected after dragging. Then moved audio source back to where I want it.

Thanks for the thought though...

5 hours ago, Keni said:

I moved the audio source track so it is adjacent to MIDI track and the conversion proceeded as expected after dragging. Then moved audio source back to where I want it.

Having the 2 tracks adjacent is best practice for this.... as you now know. :)

5 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Having the 2 tracks adjacent is best practice for this.... as you now know. :)

I’m seeing it in this situation. I’ve never had this happen before so I’m thinking there is an underlying issue I should figure out. Vocal tracks are the tweeners. There are also hidden/archived tracks that are work tracks from comping the vocals (I save my melodyne tracks archived, then use copies which I render).

2 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

Could it be that you have linked clips in those other tracks that are linked to ones you are editing?

Thanks, but highly unlikely. I have never used linked clips and as I just did so much work on the vocal tracks, I believe I’d have noticed?