SAVE UP TO 63% ON CINEMATIC SCORING INSTRUMENTS FROM ORCHESTRAL TOOLS

cclarry

• 2 weeks later...

I have been eyeing the Arks for a long time, as they seem totally in line with the music I do. But Sine doesn't thrill me at all. So this deal turned out to be exactly what I needed: the original Kontakt versions at a pretty wicked discount. 

So, I grabbed the Ark 1 and 2 bundle. Really glad I did. Great stuff, totally made for my template and working style, and they sound pretty awesome. 

Now I'm having a GAS moment and wondering if I should grab the Inspire bundle, too. My understanding is that the Inspire libraries are based on the Berlin series, so are a different sound than the Arks. Anyone have both? Be curious to know if it's worth it...

I totally don't need them -- although lets be honest, I don't need any of these libraries, at this point. But I love adding different color variations and options to my toolset.

39 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

While supposedly their stuff is top notch the pricing isn't as competitive even to VSL or Spitfire.

Yeah, it’s normally pricey enough I’ve held off buying it for a long time. But this deal is a really good opportunity to grab the original Kontakt versions at a pretty great price. Now that I’ve played through what I got, I think it was worth it. 

16 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

Yeah, it’s normally pricey enough I’ve held off buying it for a long time. But this deal is a really good opportunity to grab the original Kontakt versions at a pretty great price. Now that I’ve played through what I got, I think it was worth it. 

I was tempted, but put off by the thought that these seem to be verging on legacy products (compared to the SINE versions) now. I think I read that someone found some bugs in Ark 3 (Kontakt) related to tempo matching that haven't been fixed - if they haven't fixed bugs in the SINE versions that I've also read about, it's very unlikely they'll fix something in the Kontakt versions.

The demos do sound really good though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antler said:

I was tempted, but put off by the thought that these seem to be verging on legacy products (compared to the SINE versions) now. I think I read that someone found some bugs in Ark 3 (Kontakt) related to tempo matching that haven't been fixed - if they haven't fixed bugs in the SINE versions that I've also read about, it's very unlikely they'll fix something in the Kontakt versions.

The demos do sound really good though.

I read something along those lines at VI Control, although I think it was in reference to the Mac version, which isn't relevant to me anyway. I get a sense these are actually pretty mature products with most of the bugs ironed out, and if I really need to, OT is going to be offering the usual upgrade path down the road (or so I understand), so I can move to Sine if/when they get those bugs ironed out and the app matures.

I'm content enough with that level of risk. They do sound pretty awesome, and the choirs in particular are quite nice.