SynthMaster 2 and Player updated to v2.9.12 (VST3)

tecknot

KV331 Audio recently announced the latest v2.9.12 update for their SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster 2 Player software synthesizers.

[Just run SythnMaster 2/Player for update prompt.]

This update brings 2 major new features:

Compatibility with Native Instruments' Native Kontrol Standard (NKS): NKS allows SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster Player to be seamlessly integrated with Native Instruments' Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware and software.

Compatibility with VST3 format: VST3 has been a long-standing feature request from SynthMaster 2 users, and KV331 Audio finally managed to deliver it. SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster 2 Player can now run in VST3 format as well, on Windows (64-bit Intel) and MacOS (64-bit Intel or Apple Silicon) platforms. For SynthMaster One users, an update is on the way in the coming weeks.

Aside from those 2 major features, there are critical bug fixes/improvements in this release as well:

New: Added Auto Assign/Remove easy parameters feature.

New: Modulation matrix entries can now grow as necessary (previous limit was 64 entries).

New: When a preset is loaded via MIDI Program Change, preset browser filter is now updated.

New: Preset banks are now stored under Public Documents folder instead of user's Documents folder.

New: Free version of SynthMaster Player now comes with 600 factory presets.

New: Demo version of SynthMaster 2 now comes with 1200 factory presets.

Fixed: SynthMaster Player doesn't load FX Bypass parameters correctly.

Fixed: SynthMaster might stop responding to MIDI CC messages when it receives multiple CC messages.

Fixed: SynthMaster has inconsistencies displaying parameter values.

Fixed: Mono trigger doesn't work correctly for the very first note.

Fixed: 24 db/Oct digital HP/BP/BS filters don't work correctly.

Registered SynthMaster/SynthMaster Player users can simply download the latest update by checking for updates inside the plugin window(s).

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Does not work when updating SynthMasterCM. Nothing works anymore after the update. Standalone does not even launch. Never used it, so I'll check if uninstall works well! 😉

Uh oh.  What do you mean by "Nothing works any more . . . ?" Are you saying just the CM edition doesn't work or the update trashes other versions?  😮 

2 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Uh oh.  What do you mean by "Nothing works any more . . . ?" Are you saying just the CM edition doesn't work or the update trashes other versions?  😮 

I only have the CM version, so can only say it trashes the CM version. I have no experience with the standard version.

The CM version does ask you if you want to upgrade, but fails to upgrade it properly. Maybe KVR forget about that scaled down version in their upgrade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Does not work when updating SynthMasterCM. Nothing works anymore after the update. Standalone does not even launch. Never used it, so I'll check if uninstall works well! 😉

What update did you run? SynthMaster CM is a different product than SynthMaster 2, and the updates are probably not intended to be compatible.

Computer Music would be the one to publish updates for CM products, as they did earlier this year for Zebra CM and Bazille CM.

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

What update did you run? SynthMaster CM is a different product than SynthMaster 2, and the updates are probably not intended to be compatible.

Computer Music would be the one to publish updates for CM products, as they did earlier this year for Zebra CM and Bazille CM.

I don't think it is in the CM instrument suite anymore. Probably an old outdated version. But the point is that when I launched it, it asked me if I wanted to update (or maybe I clicked 'check for update', I don't remember). But clicking yes to update and install the update killed it. If the versions are incompatible it shouldn't asked me to update.

3 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

But the point is that when I launched it, it asked me if I wanted to update (or maybe I clicked 'check for update', I don't remember). But clicking yes to update and install the update killed it. If the versions are incompatible it shouldn't asked me to update.

I gotcha. That probably should not have happened.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 5:52 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

Hi there,

I am Bulent Biyikoglu, THE developer. It has been a long while since we stopped supporting SynthMaster CM or SynthMaster BE (the magazine versions). When you say SynthMaster CM are you referring to SynthMaster CM or SynthMaster Player CM ?

Edited by kv331audio
typo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, kv331audio said:

Hi there,

I am Bulent Biyikoglu, THE developer. It has been a long while since we stopped supporting SynthMaster CM or SynthMaster BE (the magazine versions). When you say SynthMaster CM are you referring to SynthMaster CM or SynthMaster Player CM ?

Hi Bulent,

I redid my steps (reinstalled the old version) to make sure I give you the right information. It is the SynthMaster 2.9 Player. I got it from Computer Music, although I don't see a CM in the title of the app the setup file is called 'SynthMaster29PlayerSetupCM.exe'. I reinstalled it and after starting the stand alone player I was asked if I wanted to enable the weekly update check and responded yes. Then, when I restarted the stand alone player, I got this message:

image.png.7779fe68cdea5d60c07b1dcb3872bded.png

I clicked yes and it downloaded the update. I ran it and it installed correctly, but then the app won't start anymore.

If you think this matters and want my help testing it, I will be glad to help. Otherwise, don't spend too much time on this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Last Call said:

No link?

Larry!!!!!! 😇

Hi Last Call,

Here are a couple of links:  https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx &   https://www.synthmaster.com/index.aspx

You must have an account, of course, in order to down load the new (full) version.   Click on Downloads after you login.

Kind regards,

tecknot

P. S.  Dang!  Links just don't work for me in this forum.  Oh now they work.

Edited by tecknot
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Last Call said:

Exactly my point! I am giving a shout to the King to give a lecture to the OP about proper new thread posting on the Deals subforum 🤣😂🤨

Uhm, all you really need to do is just run Synthmaster 2 or Player and you will be prompted.  You will not find anything on the Synthmaster (KV331) website regarding the update until you sign in and then go to downloads.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi Last Call,

Here are a couple of links:  https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx &   https://www.synthmaster.com/index.aspx

You must have an account, of course, in order to down load the new (full) version.   Click on Downloads after you login.

Kind regards,

tecknot

P. S.  Dang!  Links just don't work for me in this forum.  Oh now they work.

Thank you, love.😎