Disaster Strikes!!!

cclarry

This might help in some cases in Windows with 2.5k or 4K displays (I'll use protools.exe as an example I don't know if it works on Pro Tools, but it works for several older software that doesn't support high resolutions):

Get this into registry (to turn it off change the 1 to 0), either manually or put it in a file file called e.g. externalmanifest.reg.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide]
"PreferExternalManifest"=dword:00000001

A Windows restart might be needed.

Then create a file called protools.exe.manifest and put it into same folder as the executable:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<dependency>
  <dependentAssembly>
    <assemblyIdentity
      type="win32"
      name="Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
      version="9.0.21022.8"
      processorArchitecture="amd64"
      publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b">
    </assemblyIdentity>
  </dependentAssembly>
</dependency>

<trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
  <security>
    <requestedPrivileges>
      <requestedExecutionLevel
        level="asInvoker"
        uiAccess="false"/>
    </requestedPrivileges>
  </security>
</trustInfo>

<asmv3:application>
  <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
    <ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
  </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

</assembly>

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I don't even watch TV....I use it as a monitor....

I always wondered how you guyz do , using tv's as monitors ... for it to be usable it has to be farrer than a regular monitor , but a lot of time i see it really close ....and it's really not confortable imho 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zo said:

I always wondered how you guyz do , using tv's as monitors ... for it to be usable it has to be farrer than a regular monitor , but a lot of time i see it really close ....and it's really not confortable imho 

Wait until you get older...you'll find it VERY VERY comfortable!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Wait until you get older...you'll find it VERY VERY comfortable!

ahahah well i just have my 27 screen closer to me thks to and Ergotron arm .... i never liked the texture and quality of those TV screens , if they're close you really need extra high resolution witch then makes things not so bigger ....

PS : i consider myself on your side when it comes to eye handicap lol i f...up my visions with all those screens since 3 decades ...

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

ahahah well i just have my 27 screen closer to me thks to and Ergotron arm .... i never liked the texture and quality of those TV screens , if they're close you really need extra high resolution witch then makes things not so bigger ....

PS : i consider myself on your side when it comes to eye handicap lol i f...up my visions with all those screens since 3 decades ...

That's why Windows allows you to "Scale" the display!  So that you can make thing "bigger" even at High Resolution!

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's why Windows allows you to "Scale" the display!  So that you can make thing "bigger" even at High Resolution!

Exact but don't you find the picture not so great (with TV's ) ?  like granular at some degrees (unless you go led 4k + ) ?

Just now, Zo said:

Exact but don't you find the picture not so great (with TV's ) ?  like granular at some degrees (unless you go led 4k + ) ?

Not at all!  It's quite remarkable actually.  My standard OP is 1080P, and it's fine...the only reason a monitor seems better
is do to the size, where the dots are closer together.  A cada su propio es la manera!

Just now, cclarry said:

Not at all!  It's quite remarkable actually.  My standard OP is 1080P, and it's fine...the only reason a monitor seems better
is do to the size, where the dots are closer together.  A cada su propio es la manera!

So what resolution are you getting ?

Just now, cclarry said:

I just said 1080P...but I watched some 4K YouTube videos last night and they were incredible

So you're going 1080 P + windows scale ?  woah !!! it's really "being in the mix" lol

• Like 1