Sudden lag in CbB using RME interfaces.

Metalhawk

Hi guys. I recently started having a laggy behavior (no settings at all have been changed to cause this) in CbB with my RME Babyface I. I started a thread about this in the RME forum because I thought it would be an interface problem, but as far as I know by the moment, this sudden issue is related to Ryzen (I think) and RME. It does not happen at all in other DAWs or even in an old W7 installation with both SONAR and CbB.

This issue is happening to people running Windows 10 with Ryzen (normally after one of the last Windows updates), and CbB as DAW. And all of them are using RME stuff, which all of you know have one of the most solid drivers. With this issue the DAW is completely useless using RME ASIO driver.

Edited by Metalhawk

2 hours ago, Metalhawk said:

Hi guys. I recently started having a laggy behavior (no settings at all have been changed to cause this) in CbB with my RME Babyface I. I started a thread about this in the RME forum because I thought it would be an interface problem, but as far as I know by the moment, this sudden issue is related to Ryzen (I think) and RME. It does not happen at all in other DAWs or even in an old W7 installation with both SONAR and CbB.

This issue is happening to people running Windows 10 with Ryzen (normally after one of the last Windows updates), and CbB as DAW. And all of them are using RME stuff, which all of you know have one of the most solid drivers. With this issue the DAW is completely useless using RME ASIO driver.

Try some of the advice given here too. 

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/ryzen-master-causes-pc-to-lag.3707475/

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1