Cover of The Metro by Berlin

Zargg

Hi.

I did a cover of The Metro by Berlin earlier this year with some friends from the Produce like a pro academy for Warren Huart's birthday.

It was an idea conceived by Arthur Labus, and I jumped on it when asked to join.

We got Anita Potter to do some keys.

Arthur Labus: Bass and drums.

Anita Potter: Keys.

Zargg: Guitars, vocals and mix.

Feedback appreciated.

All the best.

Edited by Zargg
Spelling

10 minutes ago, Kevin Walsh said:

I'm not familiar with the original but I really liked your take. Nice work by the whole group!

Neither was I, until I joined this venture. I felt I had to listen to it before doing my take on it, though.

Thanks for listening and positive feedback, Kevin.

All the best.

I am very very familiar with the original! And I liked your take on it, which is dramatically divergent of course. I was surprised how well the delicate structure of this New Wave classic supported all the awesome heaviness that you hung on it.

When I next hear the original version over the thin speakers in the ceiling of Rite-Aid, I'll definitely think of your version and smile. Nice job!

Your mix sounded great on my better quality cans, very well done. The doubling of the vocal part had a bit of meander in the sync, and brought up an image of Satan at the karaoke bar on quaaludes. As 40 years have clicked by since 1982, I guess we might expect the ambience of the Metro to have changed.

So that's a long-winded Nice Job!!!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I am very very familiar with the original! And I liked your take on it, which is dramatically divergent of course. I was surprised how well the delicate structure of this New Wave classic supported all the awesome heaviness that you hung on it.

When I next hear the original version over the thin speakers in the ceiling of Rite-Aid, I'll definitely think of your version and smile. Nice job!

Your mix sounded great on my better quality cans, very well done. The doubling of the vocal part had a bit of meander in the sync, and brought up an image of Satan at the karaoke bar on quaaludes. As 40 years have clicked by since 1982, I guess we might expect the ambience of the Metro to have changed.

So that's a long-winded Nice Job!!!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for your insight, listening and positive feedback, Tom.

All the best.