VSL - Free Celestial Strings

Frank

They're certainly on a roll and I like the fact that you can now authorise to a PC iLok rather than a dongle as that had put me off until now. Only free one I haven't downloaded yet is the piano as I don't know if it will be worth taking up disc space when I have several pianos in IK Total Max 2 and also the Freddy Mercury piano

3 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

So much wasted time for all developers that could really benefit on other levels. Great work, Apple!

M1 is an amazing piece of technology. I think it's worth the effort and moves the world of hardware forward.

I'm a PC guy but bought a new M1 laptop - the performance is stunning.

6 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

They're certainly on a roll and I like the fact that you can now authorise to a PC iLok rather than a dongle as that had put me off until now. Only free one I haven't downloaded yet is the piano as I don't know if it will be worth taking up disc space when I have several pianos in IK Total Max 2 and also the Freddy Mercury piano

Although you can only use machine activation on the freebies; paid products require either iLok dongle or cloud (which is fine for me, just wasn't sure if you knew and thought you might be irked if you only found out after buying something).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

So much wasted time for all developers that could really benefit on other levels. Great work, Apple!

I strongly disagree on your approach (but not pov).

You're right about work wasted, although if we wanted better performance and battery life and what not, the silicon chip is a great answer to this. Sacrifices had to be made.

41 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Although you can only use machine activation on the freebies; paid products require either iLok dongle or cloud (which is fine for me, just wasn't sure if you knew and thought you might be irked if you only found out after buying something).

Thanks Craig - I doubt if I'd ever be able to justify buying any of their libraries but forewarned is forearmed! 

Sounds nice! I love the competition between orchestral library developers (Spitfire, Project Sam, Orchestral Tools,  VSL -- while the dev isn't an orchestral library  developer, the Heaviocity free libraries are really nice too) to create good libraries for free as a way of exposing their brands to new customers. It's the kind of marketing (technically promotional) strategy I really love. It's ethical,  it benefits people of all income brackets (I especially love how it enables those who are financially strapped to enjoy music) and it's a lot of fun to enjoy these freebies. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4