Assign Outputs in series to Selected Tracks

Jayden Lawrence

We have a very handy feature where if you select multiple tracks, you can click "Selected Track Input Series" from the input menu and assign multiple different inputs to the selected tracks, in the order they appear in the inputs list.
This does not exist for the outputs section, however.

I do a lot of collaboration on projects where another composer and myself work on the same projects, but every time we share a file we need to reassign the track outputs, which gets very tedious. In our case, if we could simply assign outputs in series, it would save us a heck of a lot of time and fiddling around, and would make the process of collaboration using Cakewalk just that extra bit smoother and more pleasant.

• Great Idea 2

On 6/14/2019 at 1:01 AM, Jayden Lawrence said:

We have a very handy feature where if you select multiple tracks, you can click "Selected Track Input Series" from the input menu and assign multiple different inputs to the selected tracks, in the order they appear in the inputs list.
This does not exist for the outputs section, however.

I do a lot of collaboration on projects where another composer and myself work on the same projects, but every time we share a file we need to reassign the track outputs, which gets very tedious. In our case, if we could simply assign outputs in series, it would save us a heck of a lot of time and fiddling around, and would make the process of collaboration using Cakewalk just that extra bit smoother and more pleasant.

I quite often swap projects between different machines, and in some cases different ASIO profiles on the same machine (i.e. I may be using my mLAN system for tracking, then want to continue using my Focusrite 18i20).

What would be nice, would be the ability to setup some mapping profiles for known setups that aren't currently active.

In other words, you'd say whenever I get a project with "XYZ Audio Dev 1" then ALWAYS map to "ABC Audio Dev 1", and so on for all the audio devices.

This could be done via a pop-up dialog when you first open the project, so if the audio devices in the project are different from the current audio devices, you'd get to choose the mapping & save it as a "mapping profile", or pick the mapping profile to use from a drop down.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 1