COVID strikes home

bitflipper

33 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

My wife is getting just as many calls again dealing with Covid as she did in Jan wave.

It's running rampant is exactly what they told me. The one dr said everyone is going to get it. Just a matter of time.  They also said it's very very mild and they haven't admitted anyone out of thousands so far. I've been sleep deprived lately and I think that's why it hit me so hard. Barely slept in days . . .

21 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Another reason to never visit Jersey

It seems that way doesn't it.  We were supposed to go the Summer of 20 right after my daughters got out of school to visit cousin.  We were going to stay at her place and she was going to take us around NYC area.     One of these years :)

On 5/28/2022 at 10:50 AM, InstrEd said:

Hope you turned the tide Shane and are feeling better!

It's lingering. This trip has been a total disaster. I've gone nowhere and done nothing. I'm supposed to leave next Monday and I'm supposed to isolate/mask until this coming Wed..

Don't want to go home, can't stay here ($$), can't do anything while I'm here. I'm having a hard time breathing now and my nose is still swollen. Dizziness and disorientation keeps getting worse. And I have to drive 1200 miles in a week. Brought the guitars and amp and never even opened the cases.

I'm not in a very good place at the moment.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that, Shane. Unfortunately, viruses don't care that you had other things planned.

I've been lucky so far and haven't contracted it - yet. The CDC says eventually we all will. Some days I feel like one of the survivors in a zombie apocalypse movie. But at least those remnants of humanity have the advantage of being able to identify the infected. Which is why I don't fear the monkeypox. I will keep my distance from even a pretty girl if she's got oozing pustules all over her face.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

My wife just caught it. I'm 2 days in testing negative. I am not hopeful. Closed in house with her it's probably going to happen. Fingers crossed it doesn't. 

They say you should quarantine if you're around someone who has it. I'm thinking if I go to work I will be breathing better air. 

FWIW my wife's symptoms don't seem all that bad yet. If I didn't know better I would think she has a bad cold/flu.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

My wife just caught it. I'm 2 days in testing negative. I am not hopeful. Closed in house with her it's probably going to happen. Fingers crossed it doesn't. 

They say you should quarantine if you're around someone who has it. I'm thinking if I go to work I will be breathing better air. 

FWIW my wife's symptoms don't seem all that bad yet. If I didn't know better I would think she has a bad cold/flu.

Hope she only has a mild case!   That is the problem with Covid, you just don't know how you're going to react to this virus.  My wife's coworker had it really bad and two other coworkers were so mild it was like they didn't have anything.

• Like 1

We have both had two vaccines and the booster. WT..........??????

I have lost faith totally in these vaccines. Especially if those getting it who have had a vaccine are more prone to it.

No one here probably wants me to get into my opinions on this so far. My views are along the lines of the Epoch Times. Nuff said.

SHANE- I am truly sorry to hear of this man. If you weren't sick I would gladly have invited you over as you are just over the state line not too far. 

Get well soon.

• Like 1

Vaccines usually are not meant to protect you 100% from getting virus. It is meant to hopefully keep you out of severe illness. I got 2 boosters and I'm one of the few that is still wearing a mask in stores.  My wife has an autoimmune disease and even before this particular virus we have been careful around others.

10 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

We have both had two vaccines and the booster. WT..........??????

I was with a relative who suddenly got sick with it. They were not vaxxed at all. Fever so high they started talking gibberish. I had the single version plus a boost. They got sicker than I did but got over it faster. My symptoms were milder but it's lingering longer. No fever. Neither one of us lost our sense if smell or taste. They also got a wicked sinus infection which I'm hearing is part of this last variant but I didn't. It's morphing and changing so fast nobody can keep track but it is getting weaker. My dad is 84 and was not vaxxed and caught the original version. He had nothing but the sniffles. Yet I know several people who died from it.

I'm so sorry to hear you're wife got it. It's running rampant in our area right now and they told me at the ER and urgent care that everyone was going to get it. Just a matter of time. The thing is, it keeps changing. There's no such thing as antibodies. You are good for about 60 days then you can get it all over again because it keeps morphing. Kind of making the vaxxes pointless IMO? I don't know. 

Thanks for the invite. I would have come if things were different. I have a friend I was going to see around the Stroudsburg but he's in his 80s and I don't want to risk it. My quarantine and masking mandate is over Wednesday but I'm still leary about being around people.

Hope your wife gets well soon with no/mild symptoms and you don't get it.