Sonar & Zoom L-12

Arek

Question

Hi

I have a problem.

I just bought Zoom L-12 and I'm trying to make it work with my Sonar but looks like I'm doing something wrong.

I don't know what I'm doing incorrect but even thou Sonar sees it in audio devices they are not highlighted.

Any help would be very appreciated

Thanks in advance

Arek

Capture.PNG

5 answers to this question

It worked, thanks a lot.

To bad ASIO doesn't allow more than one IO, I wanted to have zoom just for input and SSL for output

Anyway, thanks again

1 hour ago, parboo12 said:

ASIO can only (usually) handle one IO device at a time. First uncheck the Solid State Logic boxes (both input and output) and you should be able to select the Zoom stuff.

You might be able to use both using WASAPI Exclusive mode, but personally I'd advise against it, as you'll get timing issues unless you can synchronise the word-clocks of both units. 

You can normally do this using one of three methods:
- BNC cable from a wordclock out to a wordclock in. 
- ADAT output to ADAT input
- SPDIF output to SPDIF input

As neither the Zoom L-12 or SSL 2 / 2+ have any of these ports, you'll not be able to synchronise the wordclocks.

What you could do I guess is connect the analog outputs of the SSL to two line inputs of the Zoom L-12.  This would give you the ability to use the superior pre-amps of the SSL, and record them via the Zoom L-12.  You'll need to ensure that the SSL is set up for zero latency monitoring so it's echoing the inputs to the outputs.

16 hours ago, Arek said:

It worked, thanks a lot.

To bad ASIO doesn't allow more than one IO, I wanted to have zoom just for input and SSL for output

Anyway, thanks again

Had to read this twice. Seems to me  anyone with a SSL as input option would want to use it. Zoom is just consumer grade gear. I would imagine the SSL has far superior pre amps etc. 

• Great Idea 1