FREE New theme for REAPER Neptune VI (The best one ever, IMO)

Esteban Villanova

38 minutes ago, Filbin said:

Here's something I just stumbled upon recently. Maybe some of you know it, but I didn't and it is super useful. Every plugin that you insert in Reaper has its own Wet/Dry knob, so you can easily dial back the strength of any effect, and mix to taste.

fxmixknob.thumb.png.d79d8dd259d94e2b902e41bf06e8c68c.png

Yes, use it all the time. You can also side-chain any plugin! No matter if it has the functionality by default or not.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

With extensions there’s nothing that S1 can  do that REAPER can’t. I know that’s not ideal for some, but extensions are part of REAPER world and they’re absolutely amazing and mostly free. The most essential one IMO is Heda Track Inspector. With the tag system I can control the visibility of my orchestral sections so easily! The VIP version has some crazy extra features too.

Thanks for the heads up, donated for the VIP and now I’m lost in a world of scripts, I’m in way over my head 😂

26 minutes ago, tom said:

Thanks for the heads up, donated for the VIP and now I’m lost in a world of scripts, I’m in way over my head 😂

Yeah, that can happen. I recommend the Heda Track Inspector, it’s really essential. I don’t install anything that I don’t feel like I need to make music in my workflow, even if they look nice and shiny. I didn’t install anything else from the VIP thing.

Edited by Esteban Villanova

• 6 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 10:29 PM, cclarry said:

Here's the Theme I use...it's called Albert-C (Solaris Pro)
1684241132_ReaperTheme.thumb.jpg.cf21859c537cd5c7d584d1006b65d30a.jpg

@cclarry  I use Echolot but stumbled on this Reaper theme also. I did what it said, moved the themefile + folder into the Reaper ColorThemes folder. Doesnt appear in the options / themes menu. Drag drop the themefile onto reaper .. yes it switches to what appears a very basic ver of this theme and still doesnt appear under the options / themes menu. Id say its not seeing the themes gui graphics subfolder. Any ideas? 

C:\Audio Apps\Reaper\InstallData\ColorThemes

On 4/27/2022 at 12:23 PM, Esteban Villanova said:

basically built my own DAW with it and I can't imagine leaving it for anything

This is what I was going to do when Gibson bailed on CW. I had S1, (and I still keep it updated), but I liked the option of making the DAW the way I want. I was neck deep in the Reaper manual when Bandlab resurrected CW. 

I stick with CW because it's easy for me. I just know it so well. And they have been improving it too. 

So IMHO CW is the best bang for buck, with Reaper a very close second.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 11:46 PM, Filbin said:

Here's something I just stumbled upon recently. Maybe some of you know it, but I didn't and it is super useful. Every plugin that you insert in Reaper has its own Wet/Dry knob, so you can easily dial back the strength of any effect, and mix to taste.

fxmixknob.thumb.png.d79d8dd259d94e2b902e41bf06e8c68c.png

Don't use Reaper, but this is a separate wet / dry from the one within the plugin? (Eg. a distortions wet / dry). Or is it connected directly to the plugin wet / dry? That sounds like it could be a bit of a nightmare for effects that rely on gain staging.

55 minutes ago, Grem said:

This is what I was going to do when Gibson bailed on CW. I had S1, (and I still keep it updated), but I liked the option of making the DAW the way I want. I was neck deep in the Reaper manual when Bandlab resurrected CW. 

I stick with CW because it's easy for me. I just know it so well. And they have been improving it too. 

So IMHO CW is the best bang for buck, with Reaper a very close second.

100% @Grem  .. however i ended up using REAPER also purely because it is a relatively very cheap cross platform solution when this is needed. ( as you know CW is ONLY PC / Windows based )

In my case I have band members in 3 different countries and 2 of them are MAC people so Reaper came through as a great cost effective solution to facilitate all in this case. 

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, abacab said:

The one thing that really bugs me about Reaper is the amount of time users dedicate to tweaking themes. Doesn't anybody use Reaper to make music?  🤣

The ONE thing? When REAPER has such an abundance of things to get bugged about? 😆

In defense of theming, which you can see from my sig I like to do, and have spent many happy hours doing, would you make the "use it to make music" comment about someone whose guitar hobby included putting custom paint jobs on their axes (um, something else I like to do)?

Many if not most people love to customize their music-making tools. The fact that Cakewalk has the Theme Editor is a big plus for me. Cakewalk looks and works better for me with my custom themes. I get to share them with others, just like I do with my music. Well, more so, because I've finished and released more friggin' Cakewalk themes than I have songs lately, no fault of the themes. 🤨

It's a fun thing to do when I'm not feeling the music, and it's also a really good way to get familiar with the dusty corners of the DAW I might not otherwise explore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

The ONE thing? When REAPER has such an abundance of things to get bugged about? 😆

That was actually intended to be humorous.

I actually upgraded to the paid version of Reaper to support development. And since I acquired the Echolot theme that appears a lot like the stock Cakewalk theme, I don't feel as much of a stranger in a strange land. ;)

Reaper is not my daily driver, but it's a solid DAW, and relatively bulletproof. It's my go-to for working out plugin routing that is not working in Cakewalk or elsewhere, as well as testing misbehaving plugins. In fact I have one plugin that sends MIDI out to drive other plugins that crashes every DAW I have on-hand, except Reaper!!!

As far as theming goes, I will leave that to the experts! I have never taken the deep dive myself, but I do appreciate the efforts!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@cclarry  I use Echolot but stumbled on this Reaper theme also. I did what it said, moved the themefile + folder into the Reaper ColorThemes folder. Doesnt appear in the options / themes menu. Drag drop the themefile onto reaper .. yes it switches to what appears a very basic ver of this theme and still doesnt appear under the options / themes menu. Id say its not seeing the themes gui graphics subfolder. Any ideas? 

C:\Audio Apps\Reaper\InstallData\ColorThemes

No idea why Aidan.  Mine shows up so have no idea why yours won't.  Sorry about that!

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 2:20 AM, abacab said:

The one thing that really bugs me about Reaper is the amount of time users dedicate to tweaking themes. Doesn't anybody use Reaper to make music?  🤣

No, we use it to host our plugins that we also don't use to make music! 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Im 2 stupid to figure out how to install some themes.

I dunno, so far the Reaper themes I've tried installed themselves somehow. Just download and double-click the theme file. Reaper opens with the new theme, or alternatively just drag the theme file into the Reaper window.

https://prorec.com/how-to-install-reaper-themes/

On 11/14/2022 at 11:32 AM, Carl Ewing said:

Don't use Reaper, but this is a separate wet / dry from the one within the plugin? (Eg. a distortions wet / dry). Or is it connected directly to the plugin wet / dry? That sounds like it could be a bit of a nightmare for effects that rely on gain staging.

This is a Reaper feature, and gives you a wet/dry control for every plugin, especially handy if a native plugin UI lacks one. The default is 100% wet, so it shouldn't interfere with any gain staging unless you change it.

The little knob on the top right of the plugin window.

Reaper plugin mix control.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1