FREE New theme for REAPER Neptune VI (The best one ever, IMO)

Esteban Villanova

I just thought I'd shared a new theme that user Sol made for the REAPER community. IMO, this is the most pleasant, clear, modern, slick, and easy-on-the-eyes theme ever made for the platform. He's from Ukraine and made it as a way to distract himself from the horrible things happening around him. He has a Patreon if you would like to support him.

Info and photos here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=265896

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The one thing that really bugs me about Reaper is the amount of time users dedicate to tweaking themes. Doesn't anybody use Reaper to make music?  🤣

BTW, the new Neptune theme is nice. I actually like it a bit more than Echolot, which looks too similar to Cakewalk! 😉

Neptune:

Reaper Neptune Theme.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, abacab said:

The one thing that really bugs me about Reaper is the amount of time users dedicate to tweaking themes. Doesn't anybody use Reaper to make music?  🤣

BTW, the new Neptune theme is nice. I actually like it a bit more than Echolot, which looks too similar to Cakewalk! 😉

Guilty as charged. That's why I didn't install Reaper on my new DAW and went back to Studio One Pro full time. The SO Pro UI is tweakable, but I've never felt the need.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Trust me, I know... but there IS a light at the end of that tunnel. I used to bounce through DAWs like crazy but I'm pretty settled with R now. I basically built my own DAW with it and I can't imagine leaving it for anything.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Filbin said:

That looks pretty sweet. Thanks for sharing. I've been using the Echolot theme which looks like Cakewalk. Which I still have a soft spot in my heart for.

Echolot-01.PNG

I tried learning reaper as a backup daw but couldn't bond with the interface.  Think I need to try it again with this one.. 

While my default theme in cakewalk isn't one like this.  The look and layout seem familiar. 

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I tried learning reaper as a backup daw but couldn't bond with the interface.  Think I need to try it again with this one.. 

Reaper is a cool backup DAW. I have one plugin that only runs correctly in Reaper. Go figure!

But that Echolot theme is a big improvement for the eyes over the the default Reaper 6.x theme... :)

• Like 2

I love Reaper, I always dabble with other DAWs until I hit a limitation that Reaper can handle with ease. Any complicated idea of routing or whatever I can think up, Reaper or it’s users usually have a solution. I’m still looking for that elusive theme though that will make me happy. Also wish comping was as neat as Studio One

Edited by tom

2 hours ago, tom said:

I love Reaper, I always dabble with other DAWs until I hit a limitation that Reaper can handle with ease. Any complicated idea of routing or whatever I can think up, Reaper or it’s users usually have a solution. I’m still looking for that elusive them though that will make me happy. Also wish comping was as neat as Studio One

Better comping is coming very soon!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tom said:

I’m still looking for that elusive theme though that will make me happy.

That's a big distraction. Your DAW esthetics should ideally be inspirational, or at least transparent to your creativity.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

That's a big distraction. Your DAW esthetics should ideally be inspirational, or at least transparent to your creativity.

True. There's always been something a bit Windows 2000 with Reaper Interface for me, a bit too utilitarian. Would love the sleek S1 approach of the  GUI with the guts of Reaper, ultimate DAW!

Yes, from what I have seen, Reaper is under-the-hood the most compact, stable, utilitarian DAW available. For the price it can't be beat if you just need a recording & mixing setup. I love the universal track and routing scheme! If I cannot figure out how to make something work elsewhere, Reaper rarely lets me down!

It does what it does extremely well, but lacks a few of the nice extra features that come along in something like Studio One.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tom said:

True. There's always been something a bit Windows 2000 with Reaper Interface for me, a bit too utilitarian. Would love the sleek S1 approach of the  GUI with the guts of Reaper, ultimate DAW!

I'd love the ability to see the mixer in S1 look like the Reaper theme Smoothe6.

Still, S1 is my goto DAW. 

• Like 1

With extensions there’s nothing that S1 can  do that REAPER can’t. I know that’s not ideal for some, but extensions are part of REAPER world and they’re absolutely amazing and mostly free. The most essential one IMO is Heda Track Inspector. With the tag system I can control the visibility of my orchestral sections so easily! The VIP version has some crazy extra features too.

Here's something I just stumbled upon recently. Maybe some of you know it, but I didn't and it is super useful. Every plugin that you insert in Reaper has its own Wet/Dry knob, so you can easily dial back the strength of any effect, and mix to taste.

fxmixknob.thumb.png.d79d8dd259d94e2b902e41bf06e8c68c.png

• Like 1