Recompose Summer Sale

cclarry

11 hours ago, abacab said:

I bought Liquid Notes a few years ago when it was on sale for $20, and I was seeking a chord track experience with Sonar, pre-"Great Gibson Shutdown".

I have Studio One 4 now, with chord tracks, but I think you could still do some things with MIDI arrangements in Liquid Notes that S1 doesn't offer yet. But I'm still a novice with S1, so don't take my word for it! ;)

I will work it through a bit more today. But at $20 instead of $99, I would have jumped on it!!  Maybe my understanding of musical theory is just too far above any of these programs!!! ( as the cat gives a little sarcastic cough as  she eats her morning chow)

2 minutes ago, balinas said:

I will work it through a bit more today. But at $20 instead of $99, I would have jumped on it!!  Maybe my understanding of musical theory is just too far above any of these programs!!! ( as the cat gives a little sarcastic cough as  she eats her morning chow)

I find that's half of my problem though. I get into ruts by thinking, "No, I can't do that - this should really be this chord here so I can resolve to this... etc..". .. or if I do start getting more adventurous, I end up making a rock track sound too jazzy.

On some of the more extreme settings in Liquid Notes, it makes some really interesting suggestions - quite often they sound odd on the extreme settings, but every now and then it comes up with a gem.

I did actually write something similar (although much, much simpler) around 20 or so years ago. I started off doing the obvious substituting chord IV with II and V with III etc, then got a bit more adventurous like substituting II with IVm6 in 4th inversion etc, but never really took it further.

Liquid Notes really takes things to the next level though as it will also change the melody if you want.

• Like 1