Recompose Summer Sale

cclarry

Get all our products now at a 30% discount.

Hello Larry,

We’re opening a summer sale.

We are offering you a 30% discount (same as the EDU pricing for students and educational institutions) when you buy one of our products. Valid until June 25, 2019.

Click below to proceed directly to checkout:

Spexx (now €49 instead of €69): BUY

I2C8 (now €45 instead of €59): BUY

Liquid Notes (now €99 instead of €139): BUY

Liquid Notes for Live (now €55 instead of €79): BUY

The discount will be applied automatically. The product description contains “EDU” to highlight the discounted price.

Information on the products please find at our website!

Have a great day,
Re-Compose Team

LEARN MORE | WATCH | BUY

Major updates
Version 1.1 of Spexx and I2C8 have been released a few weeks ago and bring along new features.

Download now
The upgrade to version 1.1 is free of charge for owners of Spexx and I2C8. Simply download and install it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Anyone use Liquid Notes?

Yeah, I use it.

It's a bit fiddly to use because it runs as a separate app, so you have to route the MIDI through loopback devices, but the results are great. More often that not, I export the MIDI and use the app standalone. It's really useful for getting alternative chords / melodies for existing material.

@Noel Borthwick - if Cakewalk ever offers a something similar to a chord track, then THIS is what it should be like... it would blow the competition away.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Yeah, I use it.

It's a bit fiddly to use because it runs as a separate app, so you have to route the MIDI through loopback devices, but the results are great. More often that not, I export the MIDI and use the app standalone. It's really useful for getting alternative chords / melodies for existing material.

@Noel Borthwick - if Cakewalk ever offers a something similar to a chord track, then THIS is what it should be like... it would blow the competition away.

I bought Liquid Notes a couple of years ago for a ridiculously low sale price. :D

After a period where they were attempting to redevelop Liquid Notes, Re-Compose announced over a year ago that they were switching strategy towards simpler, more versatile solutions to broaden their portfolio. https://www.re-compose.com/new-tools-and-a-different-strategy-to-broaden-our-portfolio.html

I am surprised to see that they are still selling Liquid Notes after they announced the end of development for it, but that's good news since it is a unique product that still has value!

14 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Yeah, I use it.

I had the previous version and removed it.   The previous version required java.   With what is offered in Tracktion, FL, and other 3rd party apps this doesn't stack up to the competition.

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I had the previous version and removed it.   The previous version required java.   With what is offered in Tracktion, FL, and other 3rd party apps this doesn't stack up to the competition.

I can accept your opinion about Liquid Notes, but wish to clarify the comment about Java.

Java is a very powerful computer language, but it does require a Java runtime to be installed in the PC host in order to execute a Java program. Running a local Java program in this runtime is no more risky than any other executable that you allow to run with privileges on your PC. Java is still one of the leading languages used for enterprise scale computing.

However, most of the negative publicity surrounding Java relate to the web browser plugin, which is well deserved, rather than the runtime.

I would definitely avoid the web browser plugin, and have made sure to keep it uninstalled for many years now. Running code from any external source via a web browser has always been a bad idea from a security perspective. Think MS ActiveX and Javascript exploits, as well as others.

Since Java is not a compiled language like C or C++, it needs a Java runtime so that the code can be interpreted when run, in contrast to C++, which must be first compiled into an executable ".exe" to be run. So trusting a local Java app or a local Windows executable requires similar permissions. Knowing and trusting the source of the code is always the best way to avoid compromise from any program!

Bottom line, imho, fear of Java is not a valid reason to avoid this useful app. With all respect, it may be a PITA for some, but nothing to fear! :D

• Like 2

I saw this thread and thought "Oh yup I remember that sale" but was sure I didn't buy it.  Anyway, I did buy it! I think it was 10 USD.

I have a folder in my "Audio Production" software archive with LiquidNotes installer and LiquidMusic? installer (don't know what the latter is). 
I even have some usage notes copied from the old forum (user Mangulator?) and some how-to links.

I think I must have uninstalled it when I realised it operated outside of Sonar (or any DAW) rather than as a plugin.

Seems like it's time to investigate it further. 🤔

Does anyone know if the version they are selling now is newer than the last version I downloaded (1.5.3.4)? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZincT said:

I saw this thread and thought "Oh yup I remember that sale" but was sure I didn't buy it.  Anyway, I did buy it! I think it was 10 USD.

I have a folder in my "Audio Production" software archive with LiquidNotes installer and LiquidMusic? installer (don't know what the latter is). 
I even have some usage notes copied from the old forum (user Mangulator?) and some how-to links.

I think I must have uninstalled it when I realised it operated outside of Sonar (or any DAW) rather than as a plugin.

Seems like it's time to investigate it further. 🤔

Does anyone know if the version they are selling now is newer than the last version I downloaded (1.5.3.4)? 

AFAIK they've not updated this in a while. 

I got an email from them a while back saying they weren't doing any more development on it for the foreseeable future. They weren't dropping it by any means, but wanted to concentrate on other products.

From what I can gather, they've been looking at making some of their existing products standard VST's rather than standalone Java apps. This is probably much more complicated for Liquid Notes, as it would be a far bigger codebase to convert from Java to C++, so they've put it on the back burner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, msmcleod said:

AFAIK they've not updated this in a while. 

I got an email from them a while back saying they weren't doing any more development on it for the foreseeable future. They weren't dropping it by any means, but wanted to concentrate on other products.

From what I can gather, they've been looking at making some of their existing products standard VST's rather than standalone Java apps. This is probably much more complicated for Liquid Notes, as it would be a far bigger codebase to convert from Java to C++, so they've put it on the back burner. 

Thanks for the information Mark. I will definitely give it another try based on yours and other comments. 

This will be something I will trial, but right now I am not sure I see where it is on sale for 30% off. Keeps coming up for me at $149 US, and headed towards checkout shows no deductions. Perhaps I am missing something. I will toss them a email and see where it goes. 

Still working through this.  Here are the links for direct checkout of each product with the discount:

many thanks for reaching out to us.

This is correct, we are running a 30% discount summer sale at the moment. We haven't announced this elsewhere than our newsletter and social media channels, a blog post follows shortly.

To complete the purchase at the reduced price, click on any of these links:

Spexx (now €49 instead of €69): BUY - https://www.temporary-url.com/BB5AB
I2C8 (now €45 instead of €59): BUY - https://www.temporary-url.com/FC94B0
Liquid Notes (now €99 instead of €139): BUY - https://www.temporary-url.com/57A
Liquid Notes for Live (now €55 instead of €79): BUY - https://www.temporary-url.com/D3966

After completing the purchase, our system automatically sends you the license key.

Let us know if you need further help!

I think right now I will pass even on the discount price.  It can do alot with different tensions, but I wish it didn't require all the import/export of MIDI from the DAW one works with.  Setting up with LoopBE30 was easy and straight forward in StudioONE 4.  But I am not sure that for this price, it offers much more than what the newer chord track improvements in StudioONE 4 offer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, balinas said:

I think right now I will pass even on the discount price.  It can do alot with different tensions, but I wish it didn't require all the import/export of MIDI from the DAW one works with.  Setting up with LoopBE30 was easy and straight forward in StudioONE 4.  But I am not sure that for this price, it offers much more than what the newer chord track improvements in StudioONE 4 offer.  

I bought Liquid Notes a few years ago when it was on sale for $20, and I was seeking a chord track experience with Sonar, pre-"Great Gibson Shutdown".

I have Studio One 4 now, with chord tracks, but I think you could still do some things with MIDI arrangements in Liquid Notes that S1 doesn't offer yet. But I'm still a novice with S1, so don't take my word for it! ;)

13 hours ago, ZincT said:

You must have also picked up Liquid Music from WaveDNA, which is the full version of their product which includes Liquid Rhythm. https://www.wavedna.com/

I picked up Liquid Rhythm on a stupid cheap deal a while ago, and it is an interesting way to generate MIDI rhythm patterns. I never tried their demo of Liquid Music, mainly because I already had Liquid Notes and I assumed there would be an overlap.

• Thanks 1