Pro Tools Updated to 2022.4

cclarry

Pro Tools 2022.4 Released - Everything You Need To Know

Versions are now

Pro Tools Artist
Pro Tools Studio
Pro Tools Flex (Ultimate + Products)

With Pro Tools 2022.4 Avid have shaken up their product lineup, adding value for everyone but particularly for aspiring producers and continuing their progression towards moving customers to a subscription model. We have all the details.

Info here

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/pro-tools-2022-4-released-everything-you-need-to-know

Avid Link updated 22.4.0

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

I'll stick with my Standard perpetual license, thank you too much!

Subscriptions?! 👎

This also is a subscription-only product for new customers and in several ways feels closer to Pro Tools Ultimate than the old Pro Tools Standard.

My Standard perpetual license was converted to ProTools Studio perpetual and my update plans are still valid through Sept 2025. I imagine at some point they will un-grandfather my perpetual license but that's got to be 3 yrs and 5 months away.

[EDIT] I just purchased 2 more years of updates at jrrship.com for $354.22 with code FORUM. I'm assuming that in Sept 2025 they would start charging me $299/yr so I got two extra years for ~$55 more than one year under the inflated current pricing scheme.

image.thumb.png.fea2066ac47cf0513bf4b54c19d661ae.png

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

I'll stick with my Standard perpetual license, thank you too much!

Subscriptions?! 👎

Technically speaking you are on a subscription with CbB. It's just free (until it's not 🙂 )

• Like 1

My subscription is up in a month. The move to perpetual doesn’t seem to make sense. Where is the cheapest renewals for subscription? I think it’s jrr shop but I am hoping someone is running a deal out there somewhere. 

I like Pro Tools. I resisted for years but now that I’ve switched and I use a pair of S1 control surfaces with the ssl UC2 channel controller between them for hardware I love love love it. I use Ableton for creating but then expert to PT to mix. 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

[EDIT] I just purchased 2 more years of updates at jrrship.com for $354.22 with code FORUM. I'm assuming that in Sept 2025 they would start charging me $299/yr so I got two extra years for ~$55 more than one year under the inflated current pricing scheme.

Only 14.75 a month, that's a good deal! If you think about it differently.. that's 6 Waves plugins @ $29.00 - You'll probably get more use out of Pro Tools 🙂

5 hours ago, Bad Penguin said:

Ok, I'll admit to being a complete ProTools n00b, being < 3 months into owning Standard perpetual, with one year of updates and support.

So what happens at the end of year 1 for me? I have to pay $299/yr for a subscription? AND (!) I also have to pay $199/yr for another year of updates and support?

If you have a perpetual license, you will either need to renew support each year at $199.00 (historical cost), or if you do not renew, you can continue using your current version forever. If you later decide you want to get support again, there is a cost $349.00 (currently) for "Reinstatement" which includes one year of support.

Edited by Barrie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barrie said:

If you have a perpetual license, you will either need to renew support each year at $199.00 (historical cost), or if you do not renew, you can continue using your current version forever. If you later decide you want to get support again, there is a cost $349.00 (currently) for "Reinstatement" which includes one year of support.

It's basically Pro Tools WUP...so call it PUP....

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

It's basically Pro Tools WUP...so call it PUP....

With one exception, at least ProTools does a few/several updates throughout a calendar year.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

I'm experiencing looooooonger session load times with ProTools Studio now 😞 

Before anyone asks, system specs are thus:

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel I9 10900K processor O.C. 5.0GHz, Asus Prime Z490-A mobo,  128Gb PC3300 Memory, 1TB - SSD Program Drive

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bapu said:

Before anyone asks, system specs are thus:

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel I9 10900K processor O.C. 5.0GHz, Asus Prime Z490-A mobo,  128Gb PC3300 Memory, 1TB - SSD Program Drive

I think the problem is you have way too much memory. 🙂

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bapu said:
7 hours ago, Barrie said:

I think the problem is you have way too much memory many plugins. 🙂

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

What you were probably thinking?

Is too many plugins an actual thing? Say it isn't so....

On my 2012 MacPro (Catalina)I'm having troubles with ProTools Studio. So far it crashed on scan of NI RC-48. I deleted that plugin in all locations and then PTS crashed with 'nothing'. After I either click Save The Log or click Send To AVID, PTS just closes.

In IT Crowd fashion I tried turning it off and on again.  Now I got as far as Revalver IV and then PTS just closes with no error.

I'm going to try to find out if this a known issue on Catalina and if so can I revert to ProTools Standard on my Mac.

FWIW: On the PC no such problems.

Edited by Bapu