Izotope Neutron 3 and Visual Mixer updated

cclarry

Neutron 3 Advanced Release Notes
Version 3.9.0 released April 25, 2022

Updates & Improvements

• Added native support for Apple silicon-based Macs.
    Note: Neutron 3 VST2 plug-ins are only available in DAWs or NLEs opened using Rosetta.
  • Added support for macOS Monterey (12.3.x).
  • Added support for Windows 11.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed crash that could occur when instantiating some Neutron 3 plug-ins on 7.0 or 7.1 tracks in Pro Tools on Windows.
  • Fixed hang that could occur when loading a saved session containing multiple instances of Neutron.
  • Fixed hang that could occur when rendering/exporting a Premiere Pro project containing multiple instances of Neutron.
  • Fixed error message or blank plug-in UI that could appear in Logic on Apple silicon-based Macs upon closing and reopening the plug-in window after certain interactions.
  • Fixed inability to run Track Assistant in Neutron 3 after trialing Neutron Pro.
Edited by HIBI
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

So we’ve got native versions of Ozone, Neutron and RX now. Nectar should be near indeed and I’m still hopeful for the EA reverbs, at least Nimbus and R4. 

I'd love to get EA plugins updated but I wouldn't hold my breath... It looks like iZotope has abandoned those plugins.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, ALC said:

Right you are.

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407777831699-iZotope-Compatibility-with-Apple-silicon

Neoverb is on the list.  None of the other reverbs are listed.

Exponential Audio products aren't listed above, and won't get updated, but some of the plugins may still work under Rosetta (prompted by reading on another forum that Nimbus now works in Monterey when it didn’t before).  I just tried with Excalibur and PhoenixVerb and they both came up in Studio One under Rosetta.  Running native, Studio One only shows PhoenixVerb AU.   Both were updated January, 2020.

So, just test what you have ... you may be pleasantly surprised.  I'm running Big Sur, BTW.

Edited by ALC

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I just noticed a notification on Phoenixverb plugin that there's an update available.  Not sure how long it's been there though since this one isn't in regular rotation...

release notes say:

Latest Update: 6.01 - Released: February 7, 2020

• Like 1