Quietly She Sings

Johnbee58

10 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

No, please don't call me Merry!😮  There are two Joe Jacksons that are in the public light.  One is Michael's father and the other is a British singer/songwriter who's had hits like "Steppin Out" and "You Can't Get What You Want Till You Know What You Want".

😀JB

One throws a mean hook, the other writes a mean hook.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DO NOT GIVE UP JOHN.

You have talent mate. As Lynn said above, arrange your vocal melody/song according to your vocal capabilities or get someone else to sing your songs if you don't like the sound of your own voice. I know I always make sure the key is right for me and use liberal amounts of Melodyne. 

• Like 3

Hey JohnB!  All good comments above.  My comments are that you are a great lyricist, your composing is also great as are your playing, mixing and arrangements.  The melody in this song I believe would be ambitious for most singers.  Besides, what are your intentions in posting -- composing, arranging, instrumental playing, vocal perfection, mixing or a superperson that can do it all.  There are very few superpersons.  If you are composing, recording, etc. and posting on this forum it seems to me that you haven't grabbed on to music but music has grabbed on to you.  You take it and personalize it.  I appreciate that you and others are posting your songs.  I love the diversity of music found on here.  It certainly is hard to find this kind of diversity on commercial radio.  I certainly have a multitude of limitations that affect my songs but I need an outlet for my musical silliness and I appreciate the great advice that I have received on this forum.  I have learned a lot.

It would be nice to have things perfect but things rarely are.  So take the advice given, do your best, and enjoy what you do (which is pretty darn good).  Relax and have fun with your music.  After all -- why are you doing this.    Oh, and most importantly keep posting your songs.! I think that we all enjoy what you do.

BTW I particularly like Joe Jackson's early stuff.  I have one of his early American issued  (late '70's or early '80's) issued albums (vinyl).  Good stuff!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1