Red "banned" line through automation write button.

Clint Swank

Been using automation on busses, when for no apparent reason (other than that I inadvertently did  something stupid) a red diagonal line appeared and I can't. well, write. Did a fair amount of reading in the manual and found no reference to this. Suggestions?

The "W" button in the control bar is not actually a toggle button. It doesn't have a mode to keep me from turning on write enables for various tracks. I can do that at any time. This all makes better sense if I consider the button in the control bar as simply a reset button that cancels all write enables that are currently turned on. It is a shortcut to let me cancel all write enables with one click instead of having to click the "W" button in each track individually.

14 minutes ago, Tim Elmore said:

The "W" button in the control bar is not actually a toggle button. It doesn't have a mode to keep me from turning on write enables for various tracks. I can do that at any time. This all makes better sense if I consider the button in the control bar as simply a reset button that cancels all write enables that are currently turned on. It is a shortcut to let me cancel all write enables with one click instead of having to click the "W" button in each track individually.

Yes, you are right- no toggle, it just cancel all write enables. My mistake.

2 hours ago, Clint Swank said:

I seem to have been well informed. Everything worked as described above. Except for one thing. The volume doesn't decrease. I bounced the track, repeated the steps on the audio track, got the envelope, volume doesn't change. ????

4 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

If you want to know more, look up the Mix Module and Automation in the documentation or Reference Guide.

Really, faster than asking here and then waiting for a response.

• Great Idea 1