APD Deal - Cherry Audio Voltage Modular Ignite

cclarry

57 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Heard so much about Cherry Audio. This will be my first dip :)

Voltage Modular is a good first dip, and $19 is a no-brainer for starters.

I bit on the upgrade to VM Core + Electro Drums from that one a while back, so buckle up! :)

Cherry offers a discounted upgrade path to bundles based on products you already have. True loyalty, unlike some other companies we know and love! 🤣

Voltage Modular Bundle Comparison

https://cherryaudio.com/products/voltage-modular-bundle-comparison

Here's a video from Venus Theory as he explains the basics of patching in VM. Have no fear! VM Ignite comes with over 265 presets to play, so no need to stare at a blank canvas for the first dip, LOL!

• Like 1

A good place to start and see if you like the modular environment. It seems to be lacking a LFO?  Core is a big upgrade adding a lot of capabilities including polyphony.

There are a lot of third  party modules, none particularly expensive and some free. 

Don't overlook the possibilities of using as a multi fx unit.

21 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

It seems to be lacking a LFO?

Don't think so. Venus Theory demonstrates the LFO module in the free VM Nucleus edition at 7:25 in the video above...

The included number of modules are 22, 45, and 105 in Nucleus, Ignite, and Core respectively.

The modules included with this $19 deal for Ignite can be seen here:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/voltage-modular-ignite

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, abacab said:
2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

It seems to be lacking a LFO?

Don't think so. Venus Theory demonstrates the LFO module in the free VM Nucleus edition at 7:25 in the video above...

The included number of modules are 22, 45, and 105 in Nucleus, Ignite, and Core respectively.

The modules included with this $19 deal for Ignite can be seen here:

https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/voltage-modular-ignite

It has the Mini LFO and the Lo setting in the Oscillator gets pretty low too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Not bad because you get Cherry Audio VM Ignite, plus the Polymode & MG-1 synths, and the Cherry Audio Stardust Tape Echo. Not a bad haul for $25.

The Polymode is a very nice emulation of the Moog Polymoog.

But you will have to dig through a lot of stuff like Mixcraft and a gazillion more sound loops to find those cherries! :)

• Like 1

Venus Theory overview and review... better than Softube or VCV?

"Howdy! Today we're here to check Voltage Modular from Cherry Audio. It allows you to program modular synth patches, make generative music, or whatever else you can think of. "

Edited by abacab

13 hours ago, scook said:

It has the Mini LFO and the Lo setting in the Oscillator gets pretty low too.

Ah, that's where I got confused looking at the comparison chart. The mini LFO is good for most basic modulation. The LFO can be voltage controlled and has more waveforms. In the higher bundles there is also the super LFO with a wide range wave shaping features.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 12:33 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

Should have mentioned this before. I have a key for Ignite that I don't need if anyone wants it. I got it during the last Acoustica Humble Bundle. PM me. First come, first serve.

I am interested  :)

Edited by Niky Serrano
  • Like 1