Spitfire Fink Signatures Guitar

Tim Smith

3 hours ago, fret_man said:

What are "pulled strings" and why do they sound exactly like "plucked strings"? And why do they not have any attack noise? Pass for me.

Assuming "pulled strings" relates to the technique referred to as a 'pull-off', the first couple of paragraphs here answer your questions:

https://www.liveabout.com/pull-off-guitar-1712847

17 hours ago, Cat Schrodinger said:

Assuming "pulled strings" relates to the technique referred to as a 'pull-off', the first couple of paragraphs here answer your questions:

https://www.liveabout.com/pull-off-guitar-1712847

Hmmm, could be. That would explain the lack of attack. Now I wonder why don't they call them legato or hammer-on/pull-off like everyone else?

• Like 1

This one didn't really appeal to me soundwise, plus, I'm not a big loop library user.

On another level,  I really dislike sample libraries that are laid out where you play chords with a single note, as it not only results in weirdly having to play one octave for minor and another for major chords,  and you don't have the option of easily playing simple, often used, chords like  sustained 2nds and 4ths, diminished chords,  augmented chords,  7ths, 9ths, etc.  While I realize that those that don't know how to play keyboards may like the one note mapping for a chord setup, for those of us who do know how to play, I find it annoying, unintutive and very limiting. I wish devs that did one note chords would at least make patches where they map out samples for those that prefer playing chords, so going from, say, a major to a minor chord is just like it is with a piano. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

To maybe clear up a few misconceptions. Yes there are some strumming patterns mapped to keys. This is in addition to several parts of the library that are not mapped in this way and play same as any other library. As @PavlovsCat  mentions there might be limitations. I haven't dug extremely deep into it yet. The looped strumming patterns are in several tempos that can be synced to your DAW. The library has several different players using similar but different techniques.

Since I sometimes play a real guitar in DADGAD I really like some of these selections for the types of music I plan to make. The sounds come with what I would describe as a light touch that can be intensified using their built in controls. Sounds can go from soft to bright. Default is light. Almost a nylon string sound, but I think it's a steel string Martin. I might be wrong.

I am doing some hard drive house cleaning and I just bought a 5tb drive. Otherwise I would have thought twice about the almost 10gb size. As it stands I have plenty of room for it.

There are many libraries that might sub for what this one does. For me it fits a narrow pocket that works for me. YMMV.

• Like 1