EnablePluginCancelButton

adding this line

EnablePluginCancelButton=1

on the cakewalk.ini file

wich is there (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core)(see the picture below)

WINCAKE.png

nex time you will open a plugin(there will be a new button on top- right of the plugin

like you see in this picture below

button.png

let's say you open a plug to make some adjustements and you dont want to keep it,

you just press this button,it will discard the change made on the plug..

thanks martin

Edited by martins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Martin, Where were you with this when I needed it two days ago? When I changed the attack time of a compressor on an acoustic guitar track that was perfect and subsequently had to change the output gain too while forgetting to remember the initial values of those parameters?

I thought well, Ron, that's what mix scenes are for but I forget to do that too.

Martin, I thank you for this. It does work and I will use it.

Whether or not I remember to use that button.

Addendum:  Don't close the effect GUI or you loose the revert values.

• Like 1

From the docs:

In Cakewalk 4.0.2 and earlier, opening the property page of a VST plug-in during playback could result in a slight disruption in playback.

The cause for this problem has its roots in the little Cancel button that sits in the top right corner of the plug-in's property page. The purpose of this button is to allow the user to cancel out of any changes they might have made to the plug-in, restoring back to whatever state the plug-in was in before they opened the GUI window. To make this work, Cakewalk would need to take an initial snapshot of the plug-in's state, and some plug-ins with large amounts of preset data could cause an audio hiccup if the data was captured for the Cancel button.

To address this issue, Cakewalk 4.0.3 (and later) does not take a snapshot of the plug-in's state by default, and the Cancel button is not available.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=INI_Files.4.html

Given that PC's are much faster than they were in CW 4.02, I doubt if this is still an issue having this option set.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Thanks 1