KSband

Sun and the Sand

The sax is the stand out - the classical guitar could maybe use a slight lift? I don't know, it sounds a little lost in the mix on my headphones - perhaps a touch of reverb would give it some more presence but these are very fine margins. An extremely well done piece - very enjoyable listen.

Andy

Mix sounds reasonably balanced here on the Adam's, nice bit of cool cool jazz grooving.

The consensus seems to be "Baby you're so smooooth...."

I can be added to that list, 👍's!

t

23 hours ago, KSband said:

Thanks Nigel, Jack! Anything sound off in the mix?

is it a bari.all sounds right on.jack c.

11 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

The sax is the stand out - the classical guitar could maybe use a slight lift? I don't know, it sounds a little lost in the mix on my headphones - perhaps a touch of reverb would give it some more presence but these are very fine margins. An extremely well done piece - very enjoyable listen.

Andy

Thanks for listening.  I'll take another look at the guitar level. It does have reverb, I feel like I have overdone the reverb in the past so was trying to be more conservative.  

2 hours ago, jack c. said:

is it a bari.all sounds right on.jack c.

It's a tenor. Those low notes do sound like a bari. 

Really nice backing track, plays well with the sax. Mix sounds very good to me.
-Bjorn

Loved the chord progression. Damn fine mix as well. Was I hearing the string pad panned a bit too far to the right? It brought my attention out there occasionally, and it's certainly not a deal breaker. Excellent, excellent tune and mix!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the listen Tom. I think it was panned some , don't remember I'll take a look. I think I panned the rhythm guitar and the strings opposite each other.