KORG Collection sale - up to 50% off

ALC

10 hours ago, simon said:

Graphite is conductive and who wants flakes or chunks of loose conductive material floating around in zero gravity shorting out switches etc. ?

Does anyone remember the NASA inspired Space Pen?

Ballpoint designed designed to write in zero G. Also for writing upside down on Earth. https://www.spacepen.com/

Our History

"Even though our founder, Paul C. Fisher, revolutionized the pen industry 20 years earlier with the invention of the ‘Universal Cartridge Refill’, it was his creation of the sealed and pressurized ink cartridge that literally launched the company into space in 1967. Debuting on the Apollo 7 mission in 1968, Fisher Space Pen has been on every NASA manned space flight since. In fact, Fisher Space Pen now has its own permanent exhibit inside the Apollo / Saturn V Center at Kennedy Space Center, which proudly shares our history and products with some three million people a year.

Our products have also managed to find themselves onboard the International Space Station and have been utilized by the Russian and Chinese space programs, as well!.

"I am proud to continue the principles of accuracy and quality that my father instilled throughout our organization. I’ve tried to instill the same principles in our children and am proud to see them implementing those principles as they work their way up the chain of command within the company.” – Cary Fisher"

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, abacab said:

@Reid RosefeltAfter you launch Korg Software Pass and have registered your products, they will be listed as shown below.

Clicking on any available "Download" or "Update" button will cause that instrument installer to be downloaded to your "Korg software pass folder" (NOT Program Files).

That folder may or may not pop open following a download, based on your browser preferences. But in either case, that is where your instrument installers will reside until you move or delete them.

KORG Software Pass.PNG

For whatever reason, this did not work for me. 

I decided to begin by deleting all of my demos.

I launched Software Pass again and this time it didn't recognize me.  So it had me log on to the Korg site.   There I could see that the Korg collection was registered to me.  There was an arrow on the right.  When I clicked it, this appeared.  

155319171_KorgCollection.thumb.jpg.b26462f417c2ce28ea9bab762a5350e9.jpg

I'm installing these and they're working fine.  I think that Korg Software Pass was supposed to lead me to the site, but for some reason it didn't.  But I only discovered the downloads by clicking an arrow.  There was nothing that said "click arrows for downloads."  Oh well...  😄

I think this could have been a lot easier if Korg had said, "if you're having issues after registering on Software Pass,  log into the site to get your downloads".  That's simple.

Anyway, I'm really happy with this and it's definitely worth more than $160 (with tax) to me. 

One thing I would love to see is for them to use the user interface from the iPad Wavestation.  It's a lot easier for making your own wavetables.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I think this could have been a lot easier if Korg had said, "if you're having issues after registering on Software Pass,  log into the site to get your downloads".  That's simple.

Anyway, I'm really happy with this and it's definitely worth more than $160 (with tax) to me. 

I’m glad you got it working.

Software Pass looks like a front end for interfacing with the new korg.com site.  When it breaks, go to the source.  It’s strange that it only downloads and doesn’t run the installer.

Definitely a good deal for those who upgraded from M1 Le.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ALC said:

Definitely a good deal for those who upgraded from M1 Le.

Yes it was! :)

And the Korg Software Pass has been updated to version 1.1.11 for Windows. I was running 1.1.7 and there is no automatic prompt to upgrade. It's a manual go get it thing.

It clearly looks as if Korg could improve the process. As you mentioned, it is just a front end for https://id.korg.com/users/products

• Like 3

On 4/26/2022 at 6:01 PM, Tim Smith said:

I have all the pianos in Komplete,  Addictive Keys. They seem to be hidden in programs everywhere since so many libraries have at least one or two pianos in them. I have several Spitfire pianos. I have the lowly bottom munchers in Korg M-1. Several other orchestral libraries that include a piano blah blah blah. This doesn't include the pianos in my hardware synths. The new felt piano in Cubase 12 Halion is a nice felt.  Not anything extraordinary over the free felt Spitfire offers. Felt pianos seem to be a competitive market. Everyone went the other way after they heard the painful intensity of the Korgs. " We need something softer, my brain is still rattling". Big difference between a rompler and a sampled piano.

My favorite piano so far was quite a surprise. This piano sounds very realistic and fits perfectly in many mixes. Also shines stand alone. The bad news is I'm not sure how healthy the company is and I think it's still VST2. As long as it works on my system I'll keep using it. The piano? The SONiVOX Eighty Eight.  

Try Modartt Pianoteq 😜

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

I tried  Pianoteq . It is truly a very nice instrument. I keep waiting for it to go on a serious sale. 

I have Arturia Piano V. It's also quite amazing.

I can't explain it, but my last several mixes and quite a few before those, I would go through 10 different pianos in a mix. Could not find what I was after.

Pulling at straws I would reluctantly load up SONiVOX Eighty Eight and it just fit in those mixes with little of no tweaking. I forget exactly what I paid for it, but it came with several other SONiVOX libraries for a very reasonable price. Go figure. 

Sometimes that's the way it works in a mix. You drop in one of the least likely candidates and it just works.

33 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

SONiVOX Eighty Eight

The Eighty Eight is actually a decent sampled grand piano. The inclusion of some piano pads is a nice touch.

SONiVOX samples are actually pretty good. It's just that their plugin GUI's and features are sometimes lacking some obvious functionality. I got Eight Eight with their Premier bundle for a very good discount. Had bought the Orchestral Strings Companion for $1, and then got an upgrade offer that included the Film Score Companion titles and more, which was a no-brainer!

Funny thing, Ableton partnered with SONiVOX to include some orchestral strings, woodwinds, mallets, & brass samples, to integrate into the Live workflow.

For example:

The Making of Orchestral Strings

Orchestral Strings was created in cooperation with SONiVOX. The samples were recorded using classical players recruited from the Boston Pops, the Boston Ballet Orchestra and the Boston Symphony Orchestra at Futura Productions in Roslindale, Massachusetts, a converted Masonic temple that operates as a state-of-the-art recording facility while preserving the acoustic hallmarks of a nineteenth-century recital hall.

SONiVOX chose Futura for its unique acoustic character: The hall is small enough to lend a sense of intimacy, but large enough to accommodate the implied presence of an entire orchestra. Futura's acoustic signature adds a distinctively authentic flavor to Ableton Orchestral Strings. The sessions were engineered by Emmy Award-winning engineer Antonio Oliart and RIAA award-winning engineer John Bono, with executive producer Jennifer Hruska, who has more than twenty years of experience in the field of soundware development.

Key Features

All instruments are meticulously multisampled in a variety of velocities and articulations.

All instruments are perfectly integrated into Ableton Live's workflow. Instruments are loaded via Simpler, which is included with Live.

All instruments take advantage of SmartPriming, Live's new resource-efficient sample engine, allowing users to work with an impressive number of instruments in their compositions.

Includes special Rack versions of each instrument, with all articulations switchable via a single macro control in real time for maximum playability.

Edited by abacab

• 4 weeks later...

I had to install manually from my Windows laptop and discovered this page which has a bunch of preset banks to manually load: https://id.korg.com/static_pages/1 (the link from "Bonus Program")

KORG MS-20 Sound Programs

• KORG USA Expansion Bank
  • KORG USA Expansion Bank 2
  • Roland Kuit Sound Bank
  • HardLeads JaseFOS Sound Bank
  • Basses JaseFOS Sound Bank
  • Pads JaseFOS Sound Bank
  • SFX JaseFOS Sound Bank
  • Apollo440 Sound Bank
  • Richard Devine Sound Bank

KORG Polysix Sound Programs

• Francis Preve Sound Bank

KORG Mono/Poly Sound Programs

• JaseFOS Sound Bank
  • Chris Liebing Sound Bank

KORG M1 Sound Programs

• NUMB Sound Bank

KORG WAVESTATION Sound Programs

KORG LegacyCell Sound Programs

• Francis Preve Sound Bank
  • Richard Devine Sound Pack
Edited by ALC

31 minutes ago, abacab said:

These banks were all available in my existing synth installs via the KORG Software Pass...

Really?  I only looked at MS-20 so far, but out-of-the-box, it had:

• Devine Bank
  • Korg USA Bank
  • MS-20 Factory 1
  • MS-20 Factory 2

After loading up all the listed banks, looks like there's some overlap (I didn't try to figure out the overlaps), but from a quick check, MS_20_Basses_JaseFOS is unique, at least.

Edited by ALC

2 minutes ago, ALC said:

Really?  I only looked at MS-20 so far, but out-of-the-box, it had:

• Devine Bank
  • Korg USA Bank
  • MS-20 Factory 1
  • MS-20 Factory 2

After loading up all the listed banks, looks like there's some overlap (I didn't try to figure out which what overlaps), but from a quick check, MS_20_Basses_JaseFOS is unique, at least.

OK, I stand corrected! I did not yet compare line by line, so I was just judging at by the presence of the Richard Devine banks in a few of them.

But there do seem to be a few unique banks in your list for MS-20 and Monopoly. M1, Wavestation, and Legacy cell appear to be additions as well, but their browsers are a bit "legacy", and so it's hard to tell what's already installed in them.

• Thanks 1